Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
March 29, 2024, 10:19:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The land of dark and despair

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The land of dark and despair  (Read 62 times)
Steven

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 10, 2014, 03:32:52 am »

Misery.

It’s something that men like to believe they can avoid, that it’s a state of mind that you can simply push aside and pretend that it’s not there. That isn’t how it works though.

There is misery in every single one of us, and the only difference between each man is who is strong enough to push it away and pretend that it’s not there.

A state of misery can ruin a man. It can cloud his goals and dreams, send him into disarray, and make him feel as if they are nothing more than a speck on this great planet. Then, other than those people, there are those that choose to embrace the misery… like myself.

For years I’ve seen men fall as they get engulfed by the misery that shows that it will eventually ruin them. That is the misery that will prevent them from ever becoming something in the world despite them believing that there is all the opening in the world there for them to succeed. We see it time and time again when a  man believes in everything to achieve his goals, that there is no force in the world that will be able to stop him from reaching out and grabbing what accordingly is his, but the moment that the goal seems distant, the seed of misery is planted in their soul.

I have dealt with misery, I have seen what it will bring me in the future, and instead of looking at it with eyes of fear, I have opened my arms. I have seen that my true goal is to show all the misery that awaits, I have to show them that this land of hopes and dreams is nothing more than a lie that has been passed down by parents to make sure that their children believe in something.

I have pledged my soul to misery because there is nothing quite like this feeling. The feeling of watching men kneel down before you overcame by the feeling that you live with, the feeling that has grown so much inside of you that it is now part of you! There is no man in this world that can overcome the feeling of misery and despair when it comes to compare with misery, and it’s up to me to show that to everyone… to show that they will never be more than a speck in the sand. 

I have come to World Wrestling Generation as it represents everything that I stand against. They believe in the hope of starting anew, and wrestlers from across the land are coming in believing that this will be the place where their hopes and dreams are finally realized. In reality however, this will be the place where their hopes and dreams are crushed.

My name… is Miseria. I once was like you. I once believed that there was nothing in the world that could stop me from seeing the goal of my dreams, but then I found out what was truly waiting for me.

I have embraced it. Misery will always be part of me. And now WWG… it’s time for you to embrace it as well.

The times of misery are upon us.

~ ~ ~

The bar was damp, dark, and quiet. Just the way it should’ve been. Until the man sat himself across the table, placing the bottle of beer down on the table with a ‘thunk’ as he did so. The man wasn’t someone that you would consider intimidating. His face was thin with his cheekbones and jaw being very prominent. He had a very thin build, and dressed in all black clothing, yet there was something about him that made him… odd. He looked up with a smile, staring across the table.

“So, how is my favourite wrestling superstar,” the man said with the very same smirk still being displayed.

The camera panned out slightly to revealing the man sitting across the table. This man had black long hair that was gelled back almost in a wave. His face could be compared to the average man and his build was much more impressive than the man seated across from him. His clothes were dark. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans with grey sneakers and a grey hoodie, but on this hoodie was an odd design. A crude face which didn’t resemble anything possibly known to man sat on the man’s heart. The face had two hollow black shapes as eyes, two slits for a nose, and a line that resembled a zipper as a mouth. The man looked up, and without even an expression replied.

“Nice to see you again Devon,” he replied. “It has been quite some time… hasn’t it?”

Devon smiled at the realization that he had been recognized. “Glad you seem to remember me Drake.”

“Miseria,” Drake replied almost immediately.

“Ah,” Devon seemed surprised. “You already got a cute little ring name picked out for yourself I see. And what’s up with that logo on your shirt… already picked out what you’re going to look like as well?”

Drake sat there with a blank look over his face, judging the man across the table from him. They had been through quite a bit together as of late.

“What, not even going to give me the decency of a reply?” Devon showed Drake a fake frown. “After all we have been through?”

“You should’ve just let me be. You should’ve just left me there…” Drake replied with his voice trailing off.

“And what, let you sit there to deal with those thoughts until they ended your life?” Devon said with an angered tone. “If it wasn’t for me you would have died. Would you have preferred that Drake? Just imagine the thought of someone ending their life just over the fact that the goal they had been striving for was taken away…”

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” Drake replied after lifting his look back to Devon. “I was in shambles but there was no way that things would have ended there. I would’ve gotten back to my feet eventually.”

“And you would have been nothing more than a fragment of the man you could have been,” Devon replied with the familiar smirk. “Instead, I lifted you up as a new man. I rose the phoenix from the ashes. And now… well now our mission can finally start.”

“The mission?” Drake asked in a confused tone.

“What we have been planning for a long time now Drake. I have finally found a company… suitable for what we are looking for.”

“It’s about time,” Drake replied. “Well… you’re not a man that likes to keep things hidden from me, so get on with it.”

“World Wrestling Generation,” Devon started with. “The company is brand new, looking to just get off its feet. That means they are going to be hiring just about anyone that shows that they are interested in applying for the company. I know that you’re more than capable of proving yourself in the ring, but this saves us time. For everything that has been done to you… it’s time that we give something back to this world.”

Drake nodded in agreement. “So what do I have to do, present myself to these people and beg for a spot on their petty roster? Oh the joy that you have given me…”

“I’ve already taken care of it Drake,” Devon said as he reached for a bag beside him, pulling out a little stack of papers. “Here it is, your WWG contract. You’re going to be expected to be available for any dates that they need you for… but with everything you have been doing, I’m sure that isn’t a problem for you. The contract just covers all the basics that you can think of. Pay, bonuses, allotted time off if you need it… which you don’t.”

“Just tell me when we get started,” Drake replied with annoyance.

Devon reached over to his bag once again, this time pulling out a small business card. He tossed it over to Drake.

“You’re expected next Wednesday in California for the inaugural event for the company. You’re going to be taking on this Adam Starr guy, some punk looking to get his foot in the door with WWG I suppose.”

“And what is it that you would like to see me do Devon?” Drake asked, knowing there had to be something.

“Well… that is up to you Drake. These are the men that didn’t even reach out for you when you were praying for help. Remember that when everything went wrong, the only man there to reach his hand out to you was me. This is your chance to fight back, this is your chance to show that the world won’t force you down. I want you to spread misery through this company. I want you to take their little upbeat wrestlers happy to compete in front of a crowd… and turn them into you. I’m sure you can figure out what I want to see,” Devon said as he reached for the final thing in his bag. He tossed it to Drake before heading back to where he came from.

There it sat, the exact representation of everything that Drake was feeling. He wanted to represent the feelings that pumped through his veins just as much as his blood, and the only thing that could help that was a luchador mask. The mask strangely represented the logo that Drake had on his hoodie. And as he picked up this mask something else strange happened. For the first time in a long time… he felt excitement.

~ ~ ~

The scene opens up to the dark backstage. Nothing can be seen apart from one dim light, which reveals banners and beams of steel above, showing this area to be the rafters of an arena. A couple seconds pass before a man slowly walks into view, placing himself under the light. He turns his head slowly and reveals his green mask that can be described as nothing more than frightening. The man’s deep dark eyes can be seen as the eyes are cut open for the mask. They stare blankly into the camera, but that’s not what catches the most attention. The mouth of the mask is zipped shut, preventing the man from speaking. Slowly though he brings his hand up to the zipper, and with a tug, his mouth is revealed.

“In just a few days we will see the official beginning of World Wrestling Generation, representing the possibility for so many new stars to make a mark on this industry.  This is the company that is providing hope for many stars who think that they have every chance in their favour to become the next great thing in this industry, and unfortunately for them, this will be the place that does just the opposite.”

The man smirks giving the scene a creepy feeling more than anything now.

“My name is Miseria, and I once used to be like the many others that are coming to this company looking for success. I once dreamed that this world was full of opportunity and that no matter what my goals would one day be realized… instead I felt it be crushed with failure, and I was thrown into the pit of misery, which would’ve overcame the everyday man and ruined him. Instead, I rose out of it better than before and now I’m going to show all of these dream believers that there is nothing that they can hope for, and instead… I’m going to show them just what it feels like when misery overcomes them. And it’s all going to start with one Adam Starr.”

Miseria smirks once again, feeling as though he held all the power in the world.

“Fortunately for Mr. Starr this is a new beginning for all of us and I won’t be able to manipulate him since I don’t know the man. I’ve also been blessed with the knowledge that Adam Starr is nothing more than a man trying to make himself the center of attention, hoping to be the most popular superstar while seeing the most success. The problem with that is that Adam is so far lost in his own concerns that he will not be able to hold his ideas against others. In a battle of the need for success against misery, misery will always prevail, and there is no doubt about it in my mind.

“Adam, I know that somewhere inside of you there is the little bit of misery. The thought that you’re not where you thought you would be right now or that you aren’t known across the world yet. Every day it bothers you that you’re not there and it’s going to continue bothering you until you realize that goal, isn’t that right? Well, when you get into the ring, you’re going to realize just how strong of a hold that misery has over you. I’m going to make you feel the misery growing inside of your soul and I’m going to watch as it overcomes you, destroying you. You dare stand across the ring from me at Carnage and I promise you that you will never forget it!”

Miseria starts to chuckle to himself oddly, as if he is enjoying the perspective of making a man fall to the feeling of misery.

“I have longed for the opportunity to take a man like you and reduce him to the rubble that he truly is. So Adam, when I’m done with you, the only thing that will matter is that you became the example, which really could get you what you have been looking for this entire time… the popularity you oh so crave. For MONTHS I have sat back waiting for the opportunity to show the world that this is not a land of hopes and dreams but a land of dark despair… a land of misery, and at carnage, you’re going to be the start to that movement. When you’re so overcome by the realization that you will NEVER reach the goals that you have set for yourself, the rest of the roster is going to realize just how slim the odds are that they are going to be able to overcome the battle in the ring against me.

“You see, I am here to make that statement. I’m going to make sure that there isn’t a single person in the backstage who doubts me when I say that I am going to climb to the top of the ladder. When WWG tries to find the superstar who will stand above the rest, they will have to look no further than Miseria. Adam, when we get into the ring, you’re going to help me start proving that statement when I crush everything that you represent. I’m going to show that there is no man in the ring that can stop me, and it’s not because that I believe in myself… it’s because there is simply no man who can stand up to misery and prevail.”

Miseria stares blankly into the camera once again and shakes his head, truly feeling sorry for the rest of the roster who were going to have to deal with the misery movement.

“With so much hope in one collected place also comes the big potential for Misery. At Carnage, there will be those who realize that there is not room for everyone to succeed. There will have to be those who falter and those who cannot achieve what they truly wanted. Unfortunately Adam Starr, you’re going to be one of the first men to realize that. I did not come here to pass up one of the greatest opportunities to spread the misery that has filled me. I am going to show you and the rest of this roster that there is simply no room to compete with the misery. I will succeed. I will do to everyone here what happened to me long ago and there is not going to be anywhere to hide. Misery will overtake WWG!

“I have been waiting for this opportunity for a very long time, waiting for the chance to show everyone that there is no avoiding the misery that is within all of us. You can push it back and pretend that it is no problem to deal with, but eventually it will overcome you. With my help here in WWG, I’m going to make sure that everyone realizes that misery and I’m going to make sure that when all is said and done, Miseria is on top of the ladder while everyone else struggles to even overcome their own personal ladder. There is nothing that will be done to stop it, and I guarantee it!”

Miseria calms himself for a moment, taking a deep breath before going back to what his focus is on.

“Adam, you are the first obstacle in the way, representing the belief that there are those who can actually stop misery. You are representing false hope Adam and representing a delusional world, which I will make sure to put an end to. At Carnage you will fall victim to me, and you will see the error in your ways. I may even consider letting you continue your career here in my world if you step out of my way once you realize the lies that you have been living. There is nothing that will stop me Adam, and the only thing you are doing is prolonging your fall.

“The times of misery are upon us!”

Miseria begins to laugh to himself once again, losing himself in his thoughts. The camera stays focused on the wrestler, who suddenly stops laughing. He stares into the camera with a look of anger, zips his mouth shut once again, and makes a sign with his hands to the camera before leaving the scene. This WWG superstar definitely had odd intentions, and it seemed he had every intention to make sure they were realized.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »

Okay... you came out swinging hard and you made sure you kept up the pressure throughout.  The storytelling is top shelf, the character really came through.  Anyone having to face you at this level of effort and quality had really had better step up theirs - or they can just step off and accept defeat.

I can't wait to see more from this character.  And I know coding doesn't really count for much - but I like a visually appealing piece of work.  I mean we go to all the hassle of writing these things - why NOT take the two minutes to colour code it, slap in a couple pics or a youtube video, Right?  We all know when we click the link to an rp that we'll see some writing... it's nice to at least see it coloured and organized for the reader's ease.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: