Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
April 19, 2024, 06:19:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Possible new roleplay system?

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible new roleplay system?  (Read 215 times)
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 05:23:15 pm »

"In the end, you're trading a more communal, cooperative and supportive environment for one that is solely competition and the only benefit it brings is surprise in the results."

That point is well made and well taken.  I am one to preach community around here - hell I'm the one who bugs people to Give feedback on other's roleplays because it's nice to hear from your peers on a piece you've worked on.  That's my honest opinion - and I know most of my feedback tends to come from Nick lol.

"I do agree more can be done to make RPs into show segments more organic, but ultimately that's on staff members encouraging people to take on that role, perhaps in addition to their RPs. It wouldn't hurt, either, if you took someone's reaction from their RP and repeated it into the show where it could work."

Again, the majority of your point is well taken... it would leave us a step behind on the actual roleplay results as a regular system and detract from people being involved in one another's efforts throughout a span of time. At least from my understanding of how this all works - I do see how that could be the result.

I'd like to point out though... it's not Staff's 'job' to pamper anyone's arse.  No one here is really brand new and granted, in putting a show together staff could resource more out of the week's roleplays... but... handler's could as well, Right?  

Everyone knows Chris Arenas and Adrien Riley are the commentators - and it never hurts to get your character on a card, especially if you can do something with the time they use AND it takes near nothing to write out...

Chris Arenas: Earlier this week we caught up with (Whichever Superstar) and he seemed (Insert your self indulgent stuff here) about (Whatever point, intent or match hype they're in)!

Adrien Riley: Well roll it - Let's hear what he had to say!

(Cut & Paste Roleplay Portion or Write a little IC Rant)

Chris Arenas: (Now is a good time for On-Show Commentary to 'Heel' or 'Face' support a character. Chris is more Face.)

Adrien Riley: (Now is a good time for On-Show Commentary to 'Heel' or 'Face' support a character. Adrien is more Heel.)

I say that stuff is easy because aside from a couple of sentences from Chris & Adrien, there's no need for scene - the show is the scene.  There's no need for any technical writing methods - it's just straight in character talk.

Send that in to any staff member and it SHOULD make it's way to Brad.  Send it to Me, and I promise it will.  I'm on Brad's case pretty consistently as to people's goings on in WWG.  I try to talk to any handler I can to see what they're planning so we can better work angles into the shows too.

Working storylines has seemed to pass the test in the community in terms of people finding it fun, useful and productive... and I think if more handlers get more involved with communicating with staff and writing plot driving/self promoting segments staff would have an easier time getting better shows out.  Rather than having to write all the matches and segments - when it comes to shows Brad & Staff would then only need to get untaken Matches and big Swerves.  

It's just that we all know you get out of a character what you put into him.  Jack Savage will never be what Dante was to WWG, now will he?  

It's the same old logic I've played the game by since I got here... and I don't think many can say it hasn't worked for me lol.  The Better The Wretched Nobody is made look by me, the better Christian seems for winning against him.  But the better Christian then looks, increases the better The Wretched Nobody looks having a storyline with him that carries on beyond a single win or loss.

And that's where this new system fails me as a regular thing - because it then becomes more or less, ALL writing competition.

The problem hasn't ever been that there's a lack of stuff to do for any given show, and at time we've had a lack of competition slow our roll... but the problem is there's always almost Every Damn Thing to do for a show.

I have, I do - and I will continue to write a great majority of my own segments on any given event.  Some may dislike that... but the fact is, if you roleplay to back up your storylines - the fact that it contains a championship or whatever other imaginative subject matter becomes totally irrelevant in terms of quality and interest.  I'm quite sure people are watching Wretched Nobody vs Christian... but I know there are others with storylines going on that have my attention.  When the community is working together for a better outcome... especially with the sort of handlers we have in WWG - I think we could all be having a lot more out of this for a little extra input on our own characters.

I find there's a wide spread opinion in most e-fedding, not just WWG - that there is a divide between handlers and staff, and there is to a degree, I suppose.  At some level I as a handler will wash my hands of an issue and leave it up to Brad.  But as a Staffer I've also taken a lot of responsibilities on that shouldn't be just mine.  So did JDub at one point not too long ago.  And for anyone to be like "Well that's your problem... if you don't like it - stop doing it." then most here who didn't drift elsewhere - would wind up with more free time on their hand.  I say hand singular, as I know what kind of websites most of us would be on if it weren't for WWG. lol

Although staff seats aren't voted on, Staff does represent the community and we do sort of need to work things like Rome, but with less man on boy toga wearing shinanigans... we need one guy in charge, we need a few who take the community seriously and care for it's well being - and then there's the mob, not the pleabs but the mob!  All those who are the reasons to keep this thing going every week.  The fact is - most times staff are handlers as well and that's why it's not a two sided situation.  

A lot of lads here, I Know - have taken their swing at being on both sides of the fence and that's why I see staff here being better set to organizing everything the community as an imaginative group can come up with.  The greater portion of us in WWG right now pretty much are the "Been there, done that" crew.  YOU know you can rp your way to a title shot, so does Spider, and Slipshod and JDub and even among our newest - so does Nick.  I think that's why we're seeing a more even keel in competition balancing itself with people getting more into playing the roles of their characters.  

I have to say lately in WWG, has been the most involved I've noticed so many people being!  It's awesome!  And that's why I Do back most of your opinions on this, but for the sake of trying things just for the fun of it - this set up might make for an interesting blind event.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Dave

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

It really won't. I can't see any short or long term benefits from such a thing.
Report Spam   Logged
The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:56 pm »

Like Marcus said - applied as a challenge to a match type or an event, it might be a nifty little thing.  Overall, I'm too into what others do to go without reading it lol
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

jacegryphon

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:34 pm »

Blackout and Spider pretty much covered my feelings on the whole thing.  I'm glad they said it first, because they said it better than I could have, lol.  I agree, for a one-off gimmicked match or something, sure.  But for every-week operations?  No, don't like the idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Dave

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 12:01:30 am »

Just back on what I said about staff reaching out to members - most of the regulars will now that staff are approachable and willing to work, but what about the new guys? Did anyone reach out to Blaze and see what he wanted to work on after his first couple of matches? Is it just coincidence that he's been rarely sighted since?
Report Spam   Logged
The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:05 am »

I talk to Blaze a lot on Facebook actually.  I try to get as many WWG members on Facebook as possible - even after the Mac Bry BS I went through with him attacking me to my work clients... still... I have faith that those among us now have more of a brain in their heads that he did.  There's a few lads here I chat to whenever I get the chance, Jim and JDub obviously as they're pals.... I still talk to Barney Green's handler nearly daily as well.  And I even began the group page for WWG members on there - which is sadly under used by most everyone including myself it seems.

I think if heads are kept - everyone should be able to know the difference between WWG and real life - which was Mac Bry's issue.  It's really not THAT hard.  I mean I don't even jump on most other handler's posts besides Jim and JDub and the only reason I do it with them is because I talk to them like friends, so I treat them like friends... and they are privvy to my warped sense of humor and congratulations when situations allow.  Still... it's an easy means to communicate among one another, and let's face it - you might not log into WWG on a busy day but most people have Facebook on their cell's these days.  I know I keep mine open at work.

And yes - Blaze had ample hands on help working out some plans to launch his new character and restart his e-fed career.  However TK is out for a few weeks, but... that's why I worked a couple of plans out one between he and Asad, just incase something like what came up with TK happened he wasn't left with all his eggs in one basket.

I actually try to welcome wagon any newcomer we get here, I toss them a sig - ask them a bit about their character and tell them a bit about WWG.  So.... Take That! lol  Seriously though, I've had angle discussions with you, Marcus, Asad, Jim... the list goes on and on - and that's even why I created Odinsson... I even offered you to (eventually) steam roll him after a short stint that tried to provide you opportunity to unveils your storylines for your characters. 

It seems like very few don't at least discuss their characters and plans with me now and that all gets passed along to Brad.  The fact that people think of me that way, or I suppose I should say trust me enough to come to me with their ideas is particularly fantastic in my opinion.  Everyone could use a little discussion about ideas every now and again.... and some ideas aren't things you can go to the community with - without cutting the balls off your plans.  So, Like I said... communication in the community has been key to things being done better - but more would obviously do better for everyone both staff and handlers included.

I do get what you're going for... but this too is why I believe we're seeing more new handlers melding with our long standing handlers.  I know when I got here there was a lot of attitudes like "I've been here for (X-Amount of time)... who are YOU!?" - well... I was the new guy, and look what I went and did, right?

I try to treat others the way I wish I had been treated.  WWG can be better than piety and nonsense hierarchy.  This place is supposed to be fun - and as e-fedders we have the majority of priviliege to do what most of the people we're fans of, just don't!  We get to decide for ourselves what paths we take and Staff, namely Brad simply guides things.  He's our traffic light, he gives us our Go, Stop & Slow Down.  All I try to do is act like an info sign - you already know if you gotta pee or are hungry - I'm just able to tell you where to pull over and get it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:37:59 am by Carr » Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 02:43:45 am »

And Blaze's handler has had a busy spell come up - he's not gone he's just not 100% for the time being is all.  He's still with us as far as I know.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: