Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
April 19, 2024, 02:38:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dave's 6 Shots

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave's 6 Shots  (Read 75 times)
Dave

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:29 am »

Alright, giving myself a go. I'm not like you guys, though. Family is important and all, but that's not what I live for. What I live for are experiences. Seeing and doing amazing things. I've been lucky enough in the last few years to be able to travel to 6 different countries, so I've included a snap for each, all of which I have taken. They're in order of visitation.

1. South Africa

This is Blyde River Canyon, one of the largest canyons in the world. While I was here, I went on an activity called canyoning. Basically, it's a mixture of hiking/jogging/jumping and swimming in a forest setting, and this is said to be one of the best places in the world to do it. I'd highly recommend it. Fitted with a life jacket and a helmet, you're running through the forest, jumping from large rocks into deep ponds in increasing increments, the finale being an 11m drop that you have to launch into (or risk hitting rocks below). It's an exhilirating experience in one of the most beautiful areas of the world.

2. Costa Rica

Here we are at Playa Ostional, in Costa Rica. I lived here for two weeks, in the attic of a local family who spoke no English (and I spoke very little Spanish). Each day, this beach was patrolled and cleaned by myself and about a dozen other volunteers, working on a project to protect nesting leatherback turtles. During the day, temperatures reached late 30s celsius, meaning there was really little we could do. At night, though, in teams of 2 we would patrol the entire beach, up and done, in five hour shifts, looking for these turtles. It was long, difficult work, walking in heavy sand for extended periods without reward. But seven days in, finally we found a nesting leatherback. In the night she crawled up the beach, laying her eggs which we collected and took to a makeshift hatchery, where others of our group were rostered on in six hour shifts to protect from poaching.

This work is incredibly important. Ostional is one of the few beaches in the world that leatherback turtles nest at, and there are only 7 that nest here. They lay hundreds of eggs across a season, but without human intervention predators like wild animals and egg poaches prevent hatchings, putting the species in danger. Our group recovered over 400 eggs during the two weeks we were there, at a 25% successful hatching rate. 100 baby turtles made it to the ocean because of the work we did.

3. Thailand

Chronologically, this was the last photo taken (I entered Thailand, went through the next three countries, then came back into Thailand where this was taken). This is Wat Rong Khun, known as the White Temple to travellers. It was commissioned and built by an artist, rather than an architect, and is the most unique temple I've seen. There's a bridge leading in with sculpted hands reaching out of a pit beneath. On the inside, with the traditional Buddhist imagery, pop culture icons litter the walls - everyone from Spider-Man to Minions (Despicable Me) and even motifs of 9/11. I saw lots of temples during my time in Asia, and this one is one I remember clearer than most.

4. Cambodia

Does the name Pol Pot mean anything to you? Did you ever learn of the horrors that went on in Cambodia in the 1970s? Here's the abridged version: a communist party called the Khmer Rouge rose to power, led by Pol Pot, and instituted what is referred to as genocide. Somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million Cambodians were killed in prisons and death camps. Intellectuals were killed without mercy... doctors, teachers, scientists, etc, in order to build a perfect communist state of obedience. This is a monument erected on a killing field. Not pictured here are the dozens of mass graves in the area, where you can still see bones in the ground. Not pictured here is the inside of this monument, thousands of skulls of those brutally executed. I was here for two hours. I don't think I said a single word the whole time. Cambodia has a dark history, one that the western world doesn't really know about, doesn't teach. It's a harrowing place. While I was here, I also visited one of the former prisons. I took no pictures. It felt wrong.

5. Vietnam

Let's lighten the mood again. Welcome to Hoi An, Vietnam, a small town with French architecture, a street lined with bars and hostels, and quite well known for the dozens of tailor shops. It's a quiet place despite a decent number of tourists, with a great nightlife. I often found the bigger cities in Vietnam like Ho Chi Minh to be too crowded, too frantic, but Hoi An was slow, relaxed, and just perfect to wander through.

6. Laos

Laos is the place that surprised me most about my trip through Southeast Asia. This was by far the friendlist place I visited. Here I am riding a junk on th Mekong River, heading towards an overnight stay in a town - the town is only accessible by the river, it's locals do not speak any English. But we arrived, and we were welcomed (group of about 15) by the village chief, who fed us and placed us in local's houses for the night. We played soccer with the kids. We gathered with the community. One of our group had a Rubik's cube, and the kids of the village watched with awe as he solved it in three minutes, and then they passed it around, having a go themselves. Our guide showed them magic tricks with a pack of guards. It was a seriously grounded moment, a moment that the every day tourist will never experience; sharing laughs with people who don't understand you, who you don't understand. This is the way of the traveller. And I can't wait to see where my next journey will take me.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jade

Wrestler: Yolandi Visser
Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa
Weight: 115 lbs
Height: 5' 0
Finishers: Zefside Zol
W/L/D Record: 12/3/0

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Karma Bad Karma Good Search 100 Posts Level 4 Karma 50 Posts Avatar Signature Level 3 Arcade Highscore 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Apple User Mobile User Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:46:28 am »

I was looking forward to your 6 shots ever since I saw your animal pictures ages ago Scott said you like travelling and you didn't disappoint. I LOVE that you included pictures of 2 of my favourite places, South Africa and Vietnam. I visited Cape Town recently myself but wasn't able to get any pictures near as nice as your first one haha, brought back lots of good memories of that place though for sure. And Vietnam is one of my fav places to go of all time. I have family there so I'm lucky enough to be able to visit fairly frequently and I definitely agree with your opinion that smaller places like Hoi An beat the hell out of Ho Chi Minh, although Hanoi is a personal favourite big city of mine to this day Wink

Next time you go to Asia give me a heads up and we can meet up and grab a Sake or Tsingtao or whatever floats your boat Tongue
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:47:08 am by Yolandi Visser » Report Spam   Logged

Dave

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:00 am »

I debated whether going with that one of Blyde River or one of Table Mountain, but ultimately decided more people probably know Table Mountain. That was the whole motivation behind each photo, really; the things you don't know about these places. I spent 4 days in Cape Town in December 2011, including New Year's Eve where I went to a massive party on the roof of a car park near the wharf. It was awesome. The whole town was cool, hell the country was brilliant.

I also did a tour of the township outside Cape Town. Ate pig's head and drank homebrewed beer. Good times.

I enjoyed Hanoi, too. The water puppets show was fantastic, and the city felt small enough that I was always comfortable. There's a coffee shop with a great view of the lake, I don't know if I have photos of that, they should be somewhere. Throughout Vietnam, it was probably Hoi An and Hanoi that I liked the best (visited Hue, Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang, and stayed in a village near the Mekong Delta).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:55:01 am by BLACKOUT » Report Spam   Logged
Jade

Wrestler: Yolandi Visser
Hometown: Cape Town, South Africa
Weight: 115 lbs
Height: 5' 0
Finishers: Zefside Zol
W/L/D Record: 12/3/0

Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Karma Bad Karma Good Search 100 Posts Level 4 Karma 50 Posts Avatar Signature Level 3 Arcade Highscore 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Apple User Mobile User Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:54:37 am »

New Year's parties in car parks, pigs heads and home brewed beer is such a great combination of things to describe South African counterculture haha, I'm suddenly getting the urge to rock out a roleplay for Yolandi now :')
Report Spam   Logged

Dave

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:56:16 am »

Cape Town was just brilliant as that kind of hub. One way you've got the township, another way you've got sandboarding dunes, you've got the mountain (and the abseil on that is awesome), wineries nearby... I could go back and spend a lot of time there.
Report Spam   Logged
J-Dub
King of the Noobs, flock to me and learn to be great!
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: Alastair Morrison
Hometown: I'm all Scottish all the time
Weight: 357lb or 25.5 st
Height: 6'8"ft or 2.07m
Finishers: "843"
W/L/D Record: 1-0-0

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light.

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Level 8 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Level 7 Spammer 500 Posts in one day Spammer 250 Posts in one day Spammer 100 Posts in one day Combination Arcade Champion Arcade Master Arcade Highscore Triple Crown 2500 Posts Linux User Quick Poster Group Gallery Level 6 Invisible Old Browser Windows User Photographer Spammer 50 Posts in one day Spammer 25 Posts in one day Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:19:53 am »

When we started doing this I figured yours would be like this. You always where most proud of the people and experiences you had while traveling.and these photos are really good. Have you thought of freelance scenic photography? There is money to be made.

I do love reading what you talk about from being there because you've been to countries I haven't. Nicely done though and wonderful pictures.
Report Spam   Logged

Jakob Hystaria   (1998 – 2014, 2011 – 2014 WWG)
Marcus Collins (2014 – 2016?)
Alastair Morrison   (2017 – Current)

World Heavyweight Champion x4 and Current (JH x1, MC x2, AM x1)
Carnage Champion x5 and Current (Ascension x1, MC x3, AM x1)
Tag Team Champion x3 (JH x1, Ascension/ Hystaria Foundation defect x2)
Absolute Champion x1 (Ascension)
All Star Champion x1 (JH *dubbed Asylum World Heavyweight)
King of H@rdcore (Creator) – Jakob Hystaria
King of H@rdcore (Participant) x6 (JH x4, MC x2)
King of H@rdcore (Winner) x1 (JH)
Triple Crown Champion x2 (JH, MC)
Grand Slam Champion x1 (MC)
Hall of Fame x1 (JH Co2015)

Yearly Awards
2011 - Most likely to become WWG Champion (JH)
2012 - Wrestler of the Year (JH)
2012, 2016 - Match of the Year  (JH v Slipshod; Tied Crazy 8 Match MC and T2S WHC at Revolution MC)
2012 - Tag Team of the Year (JH FSU)
2012, 2014, & 2016 - Feud of the Year (JH Youth v Legends; MC Authority v WWG; MC v Trine Larson)
2012 Champion of the Year (JH)
2014 - King of the Mic   (MC)
2015 - Most likely to make an impact in ’16 (MC)
2016 – Heel of the Year (MC)
2016 – Champion of the Year (MC)

Staff Awards   
2011 & 2012 - Best Staff Member
2012, 2014, 2016 - Storyline of the Year
2012 & 2014 - Member of the Year
2012 - Most Helpful Member
Staff Hall of Fame Induction 2013
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: