Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
April 20, 2024, 12:59:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How did you discover efeds?

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you discover efeds?  (Read 266 times)
Brad
Owner
Veteran

W/L/D Record: Undefeated

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Spammer 50 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Sixth year Anniversary 15000 Posts Level 6 Search Spammer 25 Posts in one day Windows User Apple User Mobile User Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 5 Level 4 Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 10000 Posts 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 12:11:41 pm »

I've always enjoyed the shorter quality rp's then those long boring mofo's
Report Spam   Logged

J-Dub
King of the Noobs, flock to me and learn to be great!
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: Alastair Morrison
Hometown: I'm all Scottish all the time
Weight: 357lb or 25.5 st
Height: 6'8"ft or 2.07m
Finishers: "843"
W/L/D Record: 1-0-0

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light.

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Level 8 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Level 7 Spammer 500 Posts in one day Spammer 250 Posts in one day Spammer 100 Posts in one day Combination Arcade Champion Arcade Master Arcade Highscore Triple Crown 2500 Posts Linux User Quick Poster Group Gallery Level 6 Invisible Old Browser Windows User Photographer Spammer 50 Posts in one day Spammer 25 Posts in one day Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:06 pm »

Yeah everyone but me!
Report Spam   Logged

Jakob Hystaria   (1998 – 2014, 2011 – 2014 WWG)
Marcus Collins (2014 – 2016?)
Alastair Morrison   (2017 – Current)

World Heavyweight Champion x4 and Current (JH x1, MC x2, AM x1)
Carnage Champion x5 and Current (Ascension x1, MC x3, AM x1)
Tag Team Champion x3 (JH x1, Ascension/ Hystaria Foundation defect x2)
Absolute Champion x1 (Ascension)
All Star Champion x1 (JH *dubbed Asylum World Heavyweight)
King of H@rdcore (Creator) – Jakob Hystaria
King of H@rdcore (Participant) x6 (JH x4, MC x2)
King of H@rdcore (Winner) x1 (JH)
Triple Crown Champion x2 (JH, MC)
Grand Slam Champion x1 (MC)
Hall of Fame x1 (JH Co2015)

Yearly Awards
2011 - Most likely to become WWG Champion (JH)
2012 - Wrestler of the Year (JH)
2012, 2016 - Match of the Year  (JH v Slipshod; Tied Crazy 8 Match MC and T2S WHC at Revolution MC)
2012 - Tag Team of the Year (JH FSU)
2012, 2014, & 2016 - Feud of the Year (JH Youth v Legends; MC Authority v WWG; MC v Trine Larson)
2012 Champion of the Year (JH)
2014 - King of the Mic   (MC)
2015 - Most likely to make an impact in ’16 (MC)
2016 – Heel of the Year (MC)
2016 – Champion of the Year (MC)

Staff Awards   
2011 & 2012 - Best Staff Member
2012, 2014, 2016 - Storyline of the Year
2012 & 2014 - Member of the Year
2012 - Most Helpful Member
Staff Hall of Fame Induction 2013
Doug
HOF

Linux User Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User Mobile User Second year Anniversary Karma 100 Posts Level 4 One year Anniversary Poll Voter 50 Posts Search Level 3 Karma Good Topic Starter 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Signature Avatar Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

I was browsing on Myspace(yeah I know, crazy...) and I can't remember what exactly happened, I think I was looking for Wrestling fan group or something weird. Ending up seeing a group along the lines of "ERW: Extreme Revenge Wrestling" not sure if I'm remembering the name correctly, but it happened to be an e-fed. Hopped on and decided to give it a try. This was in like 2007 or something, so I was 13 and my writing was bad (even worse than it is now, scary thought isn't it?) Believe it or not, the E-fedding community on Myspace was a decent size, but the biggest problem was that it was live-rping so people could keep posting RPs constantly until the deadline and it was kind of frustrating.

Talked to my uncle about e-fedding and he told me how he used to do it, and how they had to do it using emails and stuff like that. I think I rekindled the love of e-fedding in him for a bit there because then he started his own Myspace e-fed called NWA-CWF. After I got bored of Myspace for good, I started trying to find an actual forum dedicated to e-fedding, and I eventually ended up here.

WWG has been a consistent home for me, even though I haven't really RPed in maybe two years now. I leave and always come back, because I really enjoy the people I've met here. A lot of them have been gone for years now up to this point, but I still keep coming back. I had WWG on a blocklist for a year during 2010 I think because I would just subconsciously type "wwg.smfforfree3.com" in my browser because of how much I no-lifed this forum years ago. I don't even think I ever really liked RPing, I just liked the people and the drama that happened sometimes Tongue

<3 WWG

Report Spam   Logged

~Douglas
Dave

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

You should RP again. We could be teamsies.
Report Spam   Logged
Jack Pummels

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 04:07:28 am »

PR Star?
Report Spam   Logged
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »

I actually really like this because I've kind of grown up with fantasy fedding... that's right kids, I don't just Talk like I know this game... I actually know the game.  I have played this game since before some common rules were rules at all! lol  I've e-fedded the way it is now, since shortly after it's inception... hence my 21 years in the game.

I've been Fantasy Fedding in one form or another for a good portion of my life.  When I was a small child my grandpa would actually help me with the old WWF mail in fantasy fed they use to have.  Now back then, my grandpa couldn't really read well (It's a generation thing... he was incredibly skillful with work - but reading wasn't his strong suit.) so he'd use that as a way to get me reading because he felt it was important I had "book smarts" as he called them.  I had to choose the moves I'd have my character do on a little card that listed off the possibilities.  That he then sent and you'd go head to head with another 'handler' - I did not too badly at that, but it was snail mail, an old man and a small child.  We didn't exactly win free tickets or any major prizes.  Nevertheless my grandfather and I are (was, in his case. RIP.) incredibly thorough wrestling fans.  That version of the game died out around the end of the 80's.

Fast forward a few years of my playing wrestling games on Nintendo platforms - keeping a notebook of my own storylines and rankings.  One day my family got a computer and slow-ass dial up internet!  This is back when Yahoo Chat, and ICQ were Socializing on the internet and Mark Zuckerberg had yet to Facebook a social network.  "Efeds" then were essentially handled in group chats.  Either you'd log into Yahoo on a specific chat room and do play for play wrestling matches... or you'd get into an ICQ/AOL/MSN group and you'd go on and just have matches for fun.  The idea of organizing these was near impossible... but it ultimately led to the advent of forum-based e-feds like this one.  That being said... WWG's never been flashy in presentation.  I actually love the simplicity of coming to a single URL with many options and interactivity in each.  I know lots of other feds out there have web pages with stock piles of information and history and other made up stuff - but what we do here, now is lightyears ahead of where I began my efedding.   By current standards WWG is a fed that could use tightening of a few nuts and bolts.  It's the community here that is something really unlike most any other fed I've ever been aware of.  You're sure to find pals in e-fedding... but here there's something about how in THIS fed - handlers don't just drift off looking for other feds.  We've all just came here and settled in, come and gone as we had to and otherwise just taken our interest in seeing WWG trudge ever onward lol.

What actually got me into efedding as it is - was I had been basically getting stomped in a Yahoo Chat fed, where someone who had more brains than determination... at least more than I had anyways... was beating me down with Copy & Pasted move clusters.  So then, it relied on being able to write a decent series of attacks and counters within your character limit and it was accepted fair that you build a match up for the Audience who consisted of the others in the chat with you two, that's where your referee was too - real time ref work was actually kind of good or bad depending on the ref's mood lol. 

So your promos would be just like us writing our rants in our rp's.  Rants were voted on by the "Audience" - best promo got to start the match.  The advantage is you'd start the match and sort of like choosing the right side in Tic Tac Toe, Checkers or Chess... having first move can be an advantage but it's doesn't promise a win.  Anyways, you'd both "Locks up..." to start a match, Ref ques the starter and most people would be like "Wrestler executes a suplex and leaps back up into a leg drop! Leading into an elbow drop! And a body splash for good measure!  He pulls his opponent up by the head..." - so then the other person could do their moves.  That guy might be like "He throws a stiff uppercut, and a european uppercut!  He irish whips the opponent into the ropes and takes him off his feet with a running shoulder block!" - so it'd build back and forth like that - you'd do a ground, standing, running or a combination series of attacks and leave it open for the other handler to react.  The idea was two handlers would produce a good match to read.

This guy had a series of 4-5 moves predone in Notepad or something... as soon as his turn came he'd basically leave you nowhere to go, and that's if he didn't slam his finisher on you in the first go round.  Now I know when I've been had - but I've never been one to take defeat lightly; so rather than stoop to his level after seeing people in the chat calling him down for it... I decided it'd be best if I worked on speeding up my typing and presenting better stuff.  After some Electronic Rocky goodness, I'd gotten my ass beat time after time after time by this same guy - until once when this guy I didn't know made a deal with the ref and "Got involved" and actually distracted the other lad who'd stomped me, lol it was then I imagine a barely inked up Carr under the pseudonym  nailed the Paralyzer, a dastardly damaging Falcon Arrow! I had space enough to type "into a pin" and the ref counted 1... 2... 3.

The guy who got involved, owned a fed called ECHA - he had been watching me, scouting me I guess.  He liked how I didn't just up and quit even though I knew I'd probably get beat.  He said that sort of attitude would do well in e-fedding.  To this day I still wonder if I he thought he was sweet talking a punching bag or if I actually have to give the guy points... no one knew much about e-fedding as it is now, back then... because it was brand new.  Turns out, looking at my e-fed career - he was right.  A better attitude makes for much better conditions In Character and Out of Character.

Now for those who don't know... and I don't expect many if any here would... ECHA is to E-fedding what paintings on cave walls is to Digital Art.  It was organized as best it could be, but rules we all know and expect in every fed weren't really in place then because no one that long ago even knew enough to have them in place, right?  I still used Carr even back then, although he had a different nickname he went by (I was young... I was dumb, it came with a purpose - but let's not go there. lol)

Those were good times for me because I felt like I was part of something, I knew e-fedding would be something that lasted on the internet and it was really cool to see something evolve while you're right in the midst of it.  Ups and Downs happened in those earlier years... then I learned more, I got better, I tended to be a main eventer in most feds I got into but we all know how bad fed-life can be... between quitting and closures I bounced around for a few years once ECHA closed.  I wound up in one fed called Viking Wrestling Federation with Barney Green, Jim (Leif), Joe Lych and a few other (now retired) efedders who I've kept in touch with. It was a pretty decent fed, run alright, shows were interesting to read usually, I was there for a few years anyways.

The issue with that place was the owner and their close ties to an elitist interfed group I don't feel obligated to name... and the hierarchy of things became all to clear to me.  I learned a lot there, because I got to be on both sides of the fence.  I got to be the golden boy everyone on the interfed was talking about.  I was special guest on a few of the interfed's podcasts.  I was head lining events and being asked to do guest spots in other feds.  It was all seemingly great... until the owner didn't show up for work for like 3 months, and the fed went into severe decline.  I had helped a buddy named Richard with another fed, and I'd urged a lot of the handlers from Viking Wrestling to go altogether to another fed that was working.  Idea being we would all come back without being all scattered across the beefy efed scene that existed at the time.  The fed owner happened by, didn't like that I did that and I was black balled.  Jim can tell you more about what happened there, after that.

I found myself out of a fed I'd had loyalty to for some time, the main interfed I had to turn to knew me only for the mark against me so I was kind of gone from Big Times, back to the Indy and Starter feds.  After a few rough dates I finally gave up on it.  A few months later I get an email from this guy named Brad... he tells me he's seen me on some fed, and wanted me to check out his fed.  I was kind of a douche to him at first because I had decided I was done with it.  But then he went and told me he was Australian.  Australia is a weakness and interest of mine lol.  So I got to chatting with him... he explained he had a really, really good fed but their champion was planning to leave.  He was intending for a change of ownership storyline and at that time he didn't have the roster to support a full on world title tournament needed to replace the champion while juggling all the other belts at the same time.  Ultimately he charmed me enough with his want to just run a decent fed, that I agreed.  He asked me what I wanted to do, and I proposed something pretty crazy.  I'd join and roleplay if he booked on the next show - that was the same week his champion was leaving... so I suggested that Carr's arrival be part of the change in ownership and IF he liked my work enough he could give me the proverbial "ball" that is the title and I'd run with it as long as I could.  That led to a lot of heat, but a lot of activity and big time returns to the WWG as well.  I credit Brad with having the desire to see WWG through no matter what, because at that time I was some new guy around here who no one knew, and the storyline we created upset a whole hell of a lot of folks.  I think it upset them in a good way because of the influx of past talent that came flooding back.  My hopes with this place is I proved Brad's recruiting me here was a right decision,  no matter how much of a jerk I was about it at first.  I hope I'd have showed all the guys who built this place... that this fed can always have a future in new talent as well.  And you, Ms. Jade - are further proof of that.  And welcome proof you are too.  WWG is more than just another efed, it really is a great place that could be described a different way by everyone who's here - and still there's something beyond explanation.

A fed that is comprised of all of us, a fed that lives because we offer it life - is a far cry from where I began.  I'm greatful it's where I wound up.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:52:00 pm by Carr » Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 04:59:16 pm »

This was actually the first efed I joined years ago.  A friend of mine had already been efeding and brought me to it.  Brad may remember him, he played Mr. VIP years ago.  I remember my first character was Pacman Jones Shocked!  I won the highflyers title, then merged it with the X-Brand title by beating a guy named Jai Killa. 

I've been to other efeds but this is only one that I've been in continually.  I remember when it was two shows i think Monday Night Mayhem and Thursday Night Throwdown?  Yeah, I've been here for a while, but Dave may just have that title of being her the longest besides Brad.

That, my good sir... is bad ass that this was your first fed. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:38 pm »

Lol yeah Dave leaves a whole lot and comes back Tongue

My first efed was ROC and HIW. Some guy got me from a chat room I believe lol. Then after a while I decided I would try my own, created wwg spammed caws.ws and bunch of other places and WWG actually took off.  Im still surprised it's alive today. Wouldn't be without you guys or without people like j-dub taking the reigns for over a year. Awww Asad <3

HIW was a decent fed... who'd you play there?  And... does Da' Big Rig or "DBR" ring any bells? lol I was in HIW for a bit and went over to an affiliate fed of theirs called HWA.  That's going back a good long while if we're talking the same fed, man.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Brad
Owner
Veteran

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Spammer 50 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary Arcade Highscore Sixth year Anniversary 15000 Posts Level 6 Search Spammer 25 Posts in one day Windows User Apple User Mobile User Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 5 Level 4 Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 10000 Posts 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 05:11:20 pm »

Nah dosent ring a bell. I was like MVP I think lol.

Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »

Yeah... I think there's a chance you were starting when I was moving over.  Did you join around the same time as a few others?  Or were you a sole rookie?
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Brad
Owner
Veteran

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:41 pm »

I got no idea, but we could be talking about a different HIW. Was yours on smfforfree like WWG?
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody
Creative Team
Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 05:42:06 am »

See now I'm left clueless... I honestly don't recall the forum url.  It very well could have been though.  SMF is a staple in e-fedding because you can get so much from a forum for free.

I just know I was moved to HWA because it was the "Bigger fed" and HIW was taking on a raft load of new characters, one of which was an MVP - but then again... the initialism of HIW and the 'real character' of MVP isn't exactly exclusive in e-fedding lol.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:43:22 am by Carr » Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: