Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
April 18, 2024, 10:33:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How do you guys create you're character?

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you guys create you're character?  (Read 101 times)
Derrick Trotter
Creative Team

Wrestler: Derrick Trotter, Leader of Dell's Rangers.
Hometown: Peckem, London
Weight: 245lbs
Height: 6ft 1
Finishers: The Market Stall (Powerbomb) Cashing in (Spear)

Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Second year Anniversary 1000 Posts Webmaster Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 5 Apple User Search Karma Good 100 Posts Level 4 Karma 50 Posts Poll Voter 10 Posts Level 3 Combination Signature Avatar Topic Starter Level 2 Level 1 First Post Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:44:35 am »

As the title says how do you guy's create you're character?

For me I try to picture the guy in my head then try to build up from there, It's normally a case of having a couple of wrestlers built in with the character like when i had Yarmouth Blade it was Jay Lethal and Shad Gaspard but with Del boy this is completely different. He's just Shad Gaspard with a bit of London twist in there always steeling from other members of the roster and trying to sell them on for a bit of extra cash.

So how do you guys create your character?
Report Spam   Logged

1x Absolute Champion (Derrick Trotter)
2x Carnage Champion. (Derrick Trotter)
1x Pyscho  Champion (Derrick Trotter)
1x Carnage Champion (Rodney Trotter)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

J-Dub
King of the Noobs, flock to me and learn to be great!
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: Alastair Morrison
Hometown: I'm all Scottish all the time
Weight: 357lb or 25.5 st
Height: 6'8"ft or 2.07m
Finishers: "843"
W/L/D Record: 1-0-0

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light.

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Level 8 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Level 7 Spammer 500 Posts in one day Spammer 250 Posts in one day Spammer 100 Posts in one day Combination Arcade Champion Arcade Master Arcade Highscore Triple Crown 2500 Posts Linux User Quick Poster Group Gallery Level 6 Invisible Old Browser Windows User Photographer Spammer 50 Posts in one day Spammer 25 Posts in one day Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:15:51 am »

In the past I used ancient characters and I couldn't tell you how I created a character when I was 16. My current character I actually played around with ideas on WWE 2K14 and went from there. Took me about 3 months of ideas and back stories to come up with my final product. I create the personality first, then a move set to fit that personality, a back story, and then a pic base being that is the least important thing to me because I never actually picture what they look like when I write for them.
Report Spam   Logged

Jakob Hystaria   (1998 – 2014, 2011 – 2014 WWG)
Marcus Collins (2014 – 2016?)
Alastair Morrison   (2017 – Current)

World Heavyweight Champion x4 and Current (JH x1, MC x2, AM x1)
Carnage Champion x5 and Current (Ascension x1, MC x3, AM x1)
Tag Team Champion x3 (JH x1, Ascension/ Hystaria Foundation defect x2)
Absolute Champion x1 (Ascension)
All Star Champion x1 (JH *dubbed Asylum World Heavyweight)
King of H@rdcore (Creator) – Jakob Hystaria
King of H@rdcore (Participant) x6 (JH x4, MC x2)
King of H@rdcore (Winner) x1 (JH)
Triple Crown Champion x2 (JH, MC)
Grand Slam Champion x1 (MC)
Hall of Fame x1 (JH Co2015)

Yearly Awards
2011 - Most likely to become WWG Champion (JH)
2012 - Wrestler of the Year (JH)
2012, 2016 - Match of the Year  (JH v Slipshod; Tied Crazy 8 Match MC and T2S WHC at Revolution MC)
2012 - Tag Team of the Year (JH FSU)
2012, 2014, & 2016 - Feud of the Year (JH Youth v Legends; MC Authority v WWG; MC v Trine Larson)
2012 Champion of the Year (JH)
2014 - King of the Mic   (MC)
2015 - Most likely to make an impact in ’16 (MC)
2016 – Heel of the Year (MC)
2016 – Champion of the Year (MC)

Staff Awards   
2011 & 2012 - Best Staff Member
2012, 2014, 2016 - Storyline of the Year
2012 & 2014 - Member of the Year
2012 - Most Helpful Member
Staff Hall of Fame Induction 2013
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:47:32 am »

Carr was a very natural evolution - very much like you'd see an actual televised wrestler's career develop.

As far as my current character... he was based off some hype that surrounded Carr.  Many times in his career he was hailed as being akin to Horror Movie Monster Jason Vorhees as he was designed to be pretty much full frontal assault from the time the bell rang. 

Carr was a very larger than life personality - so I thought to myself "Self..." and for once, I knew it was me because I recognized the voice! I said to myself - that I loved that concept - the horror movie monster come to life... but it wasn't definitive of what Carr was in my mind so I set out to design something closer to that idea.

A few here know, I did a little research... the term "Wretched Nobody" is related to an old name placed upon people who would be in the custody of an insane asylum with no proof or paperwork of their actual identity.

Sadly the reality of it is a lot of times this was more or less a social scam.  Police would drop off people to asylums as it was easier than putting them through the judicial system and involved less paperwork... most of these people eventually, be it from environment or forcible confinement - lost their minds even in the process of attempting to prove their own sanity.  The social scam aspect come from the fact that for decades (And even still depending what part of the world you're talking about) Asylums were given money as per the amount of bodies in their care.  Basically the more beds they had filled - the more money the government gave them.  This led to these asylums basically buying off officers to bring them extra people be they totally sane scholars or flea picking transients totally out of their minds.

Among these, notably was people like Wretch who were alleged to be born in asylums due to unwholesome affairs and instances of abuse.

Carr was easy to write... I had twenty years plus with him.  Wretch has been a constantly evolving experimentation.  Carr has a personality, from my research and subsequent design... Wretch almost doesn't have one at all.  He's lacked the societal nurturing that most "normal" people have.  What I like most about the character though is that he, himself.... isn't actually insane, whereas Carr gladly danced across that line time and again.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

The Rick
Rookie

Wrestler: The Rick
Hometown: Birmingham, England
Finishers: Rickfest (Rock Bottom)

"Welcome to the fold!"

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts Level 5 One year Anniversary Karma Bad 50 Posts Poll Voter Level 4 Search 10 Posts Karma Good Linux User Level 3 Avatar Apple User Mobile User Combination Level 2 Signature Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:56:53 am »

I've been RPing as The Rick for 14 years off and on. When I started out, I used my real full name, and no-pic base at first. A week or so into it, there was a tag match where The Rick was in a team fighting for the managerial services of Stacy Keibler who was the hottest women in wrestling back then IMO. My team won, but the other guy stopped RPing so Stacy became Rick's manager. Obviously using the real character of Stacy, I decided to use Lodi from WCW as my character in order to just find whatever pics I could and cut out Lenny if he was in there. With the Standard & Practices gimmick in WCW, mine was "Strictly Business" for a while and I formed a stable using that name with a few guys in the fed.

A couple of weeks later, after winning the IC title in the fed I was in I decided to change the character a little. The Rock has always been one of my all-time favourites so I simply went from being Richard to The Rick. At the time Chris Jericho was also a big deal in WWE so a lot of Rick was based on Rock/Jericho personality mixed in with my own.

I did switch from pics of Lodi to an actor called Caleb Ross after changing the character name to The Rick, as I was watching a show he was in and thought he'd be a good pic-base for The Rick. It didn't last long, and I switched up to Jeff Hardy who I was a fan of.

The finisher was a pain to figure out. I was using the name The Rick, and everyone would use "I smell what you're cooking" and similar lines against me in RPs despite Rick being similar only in name and finisher. I'd been using the rubbish name of The Rick Bottom for a finisher until I had some inspiration of calling it The Rickfest. With the finisher name change, comparisons to The Rock from opponent's RPs finally ended.

Stacy Keibler was getting more prominent in wrestling, especially with her move to WWE so I changed things up. I wrote it that Rick and Stacy got married, and she became Stacy H. This allowed me to portray her as a different character to Stacy Keibler that appeared on TV. It also helped with character development massively. Over time however, I realised that I'd written Stacy to a point where I wasn't sure what to do with her, especially with so much of a back-story being from Stacy Keibler and the fed allowing someone else in to RP as Stacy Keibler. She and Rick had a baby, and I struggled after that. A fellow e-fedder kidnapped her in a storyline, and following her release I wrote her and Rick breaking up to try and do something else.

My problem was Rick didn't really have anyone to bounce off then in RPs. Eddy Johnson was actually a character someone else used in roleplays that I took on to become Rick's friend and mentor but I didn't want to use him all the time as he wasn't my character originally. I stick with the original creator's pic base of Tommy Dreamer if he's ever to be shown in picture form. Smiley

My first big RP after a hiatus was getting Rick to train a girl from Eddy's school called Lacey Rain. She's named after two female wrestlers - Lacey & Rain from Shimmer Smiley

With Lacey, I could construct a completely different dynamic to Stacy. She truly is Rick's soulmate. I'd love to say I based her on a girlfriend or something but I'm single so I guess no Wink I can only think that some of the traits I'd like to think my perfect woman would have are reflected in Lacey. Her pic-base is Avril Lavigne because I was a big fan of her back in the day - the girl, come on she's hot and her early music I like too. She's Canadian just like the real Avril too, only Lacey is from Toronto.

Although I don't use Lacey as an active wrestler any more, her finisher name came to me a lot easier than Rick's. It's called the Canadian Stampede and is Elijah Burke's "Elijah Express" from his time in WWE. In a lot of ways I'm still trying to figure out her character but I think I've got a good balance going on with Rick and Lacey at the moment.

Sorry that my reply is a bit of an essay. But it's helped me remember a lot of the backstory of my character in doing so! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Nick Sadistic

Wrestler: Nick Sadistic with the lovely and psychotic Faith Brutal!
Hometown: Kennewick, WA
Weight: 180
Height: 6 FT 0 IN
Finishers: The Sadistic Cross!
W/L/D Record: 0-0-0

0-0-0

Apple User Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 5 Search Poll Voter One year Anniversary 100 Posts Level 4 50 Posts Karma Karma Good 10 Posts Level 3 Avatar Combination Signature Topic Starter Level 2 Level 1 First Post Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:48 am »

The way I did it even though I am still new to this. I started with a pic base. Tho I knew I wanted to do a monster type character.  What the Rick and Carr and J-Dub say is always helpful. That's why I love this place. I've always felt like it was home.
Report Spam   Logged

Jerk of the Week of 10/10/16
1X WWG CARNAGE CHAMPION
1X WWG ABSOULUTE CHAMPION

Trine Larsen

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:37:02 am »

I use music a lot for character inspiration. So a lot of the time I'll hear a song on the radio or my iTunes and I'll instantly get a sort of brain baby for a character. Trine came from a day where I binged on music by the band "Say Anything."

Then for writing stories I usually just put the thing on shuffle and wait for inspiration. I like to be really detailed mostly because I think we are shaped by our environments and the people in our lives- so I tend to give everyone a story- like her roommates Gilbert and Lenox. Everyone you meet is important in their own way.

It tends to work against me a lot though, haha! Sometimes I'll get inspiration for something in Gilbert's life, or Lenox , and i end up with nada for Tine. (So I just sort of sit in a corner and write little rps of them in shame that i never post. lol)

Music works against me too. A song will come on and i'll instantly get a scenario in my head that I'm like: "Oh yeah! That's a great idea!" but it would involve rp-ing with someone else and their character. And I've got an observer personality- so I basically just hang back and encourage people. So, I never run ideas by anyone in order to ask haha! Thus....I get stuck with an idea I can't use, but can't think around- so I end up at a stale-mate with my brain!
Report Spam   Logged
Mr1984

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 08:44:46 am »

My character came from the idea of being the most ridiculous I could be.
Report Spam   Logged
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:45 am »

And you sir bit that mark Beautifully!
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Derrick Trotter
Creative Team

Wrestler: Derrick Trotter, Leader of Dell's Rangers.
Hometown: Peckem, London
Weight: 245lbs
Height: 6ft 1
Finishers: The Market Stall (Powerbomb) Cashing in (Spear)

Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Second year Anniversary 1000 Posts Webmaster Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 5 Apple User Search Karma Good 100 Posts Level 4 Karma 50 Posts Poll Voter 10 Posts Level 3 Combination Signature Avatar Topic Starter Level 2 Level 1 First Post Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:00 am »

Wow thanks guys, Great response, i put this on the other fed I'm in and the OOC section is dead there it only had one response. sounds like all of you have different ways of finding you're character and how to develop them into superstars i can only hope that i can get Del Boy to the high standards you guys have set.

Thanks again for responding. gives a thumbs up.
Report Spam   Logged

1x Absolute Champion (Derrick Trotter)
2x Carnage Champion. (Derrick Trotter)
1x Pyscho  Champion (Derrick Trotter)
1x Carnage Champion (Rodney Trotter)
Dave

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:34:49 am »

I've struggled with identity issues for a long time, I still do, which is probably why I have so many characters that are all so different yet experiencing the same  thing.
Report Spam   Logged
J-Dub
King of the Noobs, flock to me and learn to be great!
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: Alastair Morrison
Hometown: I'm all Scottish all the time
Weight: 357lb or 25.5 st
Height: 6'8"ft or 2.07m
Finishers: "843"
W/L/D Record: 1-0-0

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light.

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Level 8 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Level 7 Spammer 500 Posts in one day Spammer 250 Posts in one day Spammer 100 Posts in one day Combination Arcade Champion Arcade Master Arcade Highscore Triple Crown 2500 Posts Linux User Quick Poster Group Gallery Level 6 Invisible Old Browser Windows User Photographer Spammer 50 Posts in one day Spammer 25 Posts in one day Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 11:30:13 am »

I for one am guilty of failed characters. I had several characters that I didn't do much with:
Eddie V
Max Atfield
Tiger G

Jakob Hystaria I've used off and on since the 90's and Christopher McKissick wasn't supposed to do much just an addition for people to rp against but people kept voting him to be a winner, so idk what happened there.

The Ascension started as one character and the other two where just part of the game. Once I decided to use all three as a group I thought I heard the name before and when I realized it was from NXT, as Dave pointed out, I made it easy on myself because I just took that tag team from NXT and plugged in the "front man" who was originally my main focus. To my surprise people's feedback requested more from the other two. I guess you can say, as a community, everyone helped to evolve into what I have to work with now.
Report Spam   Logged

Jakob Hystaria   (1998 – 2014, 2011 – 2014 WWG)
Marcus Collins (2014 – 2016?)
Alastair Morrison   (2017 – Current)

World Heavyweight Champion x4 and Current (JH x1, MC x2, AM x1)
Carnage Champion x5 and Current (Ascension x1, MC x3, AM x1)
Tag Team Champion x3 (JH x1, Ascension/ Hystaria Foundation defect x2)
Absolute Champion x1 (Ascension)
All Star Champion x1 (JH *dubbed Asylum World Heavyweight)
King of H@rdcore (Creator) – Jakob Hystaria
King of H@rdcore (Participant) x6 (JH x4, MC x2)
King of H@rdcore (Winner) x1 (JH)
Triple Crown Champion x2 (JH, MC)
Grand Slam Champion x1 (MC)
Hall of Fame x1 (JH Co2015)

Yearly Awards
2011 - Most likely to become WWG Champion (JH)
2012 - Wrestler of the Year (JH)
2012, 2016 - Match of the Year  (JH v Slipshod; Tied Crazy 8 Match MC and T2S WHC at Revolution MC)
2012 - Tag Team of the Year (JH FSU)
2012, 2014, & 2016 - Feud of the Year (JH Youth v Legends; MC Authority v WWG; MC v Trine Larson)
2012 Champion of the Year (JH)
2014 - King of the Mic   (MC)
2015 - Most likely to make an impact in ’16 (MC)
2016 – Heel of the Year (MC)
2016 – Champion of the Year (MC)

Staff Awards   
2011 & 2012 - Best Staff Member
2012, 2014, 2016 - Storyline of the Year
2012 & 2014 - Member of the Year
2012 - Most Helpful Member
Staff Hall of Fame Induction 2013
Jack Pummels

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 11:43:07 am »

I was away from WWG when I was thinking of a character. I thought jn my mind his name has to be a easy first name and something to do with hitting someone as the last name just like Matt Striker. Thats where i got the name Jack Pummels. Jack Pummels evolved from his first time he debuted. I was thinking of a character of a fresh young guy out of the indies looking to make it big in the big leagues. My first pic base was Skeet Ulrich from Jericho because that was my favorite show at the time. Jack evolved Into a cocky face who would joke around and have fun. I then decided hey i need a wrestlers pic base. At the time, Seth Rollins was the NXT champion. I decided to go with Seth because he was pretty good wrestler.I Left the fed and cameback and decided to make Jack Pummels a heel. with a vicious and aggressive heel jack pummels and Its been fun playing him.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: