Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
March 30, 2024, 01:48:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

You're not who you say you are.

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're not who you say you are.  (Read 36 times)
Dave

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:15:07 am »

The gymnasium had seen better days. In the past few years, its outer shell had begun to crumble away. The sign was completely gone, taken by looters, but the people of the area still remembered it. They’d mention it every now and then. Remember that old gym on Fifth Street? I’m surprised they haven’t knocked it down yet, it looks dreadful.

That was the way the Stranger wanted it. Since returning to the United States, he’d taken over the gym – bought it, actually – and let the business fail on purpose. He raised membership fees until eventually, they all just left. He fired what little staff there were (after making sure there was more work for them elsewhere – he was, after all, an altruist). And now, on the inside, he had a spotless gym where today, it was just the two of them.

He punched Blackout square in the face.

“Ow! ****! Come on, what was that for?”

“You know what it was for. If you didn’t deserve it, you would’ve stopped it. But you didn’t, because once again, you are failing me. You’ve started setting a dangerous trend. Walking out on your matches… I thought we’d removed that abhorrent behaviour. But no, you’re continuing to blather about how strong you are but walking away from every fight – and losing them when you get them.”

Blackout threw a punch of his own, but Stranger deflected it.

“You’re not becoming what I thought you would be. Maybe everyone was right about you. Maybe you’re a weakling. A chickenshit, cowardly weakling.”

Fire burned in Blackout’s eyes. He threw another punch, unleashing his rage. This one struck Stranger in the jaw, and the man yelped in surprise, not pain. He fell to the ground, clutching his jaw. And laughed.

“Your buttons are too easy to press. You’ll never succeed like this. I thought I taught you better.”

“You didn’t teach me ****. Four months we spent wandering around those high school gyms and community halls, four months we spent in dark, grimy building basements, wrestling nobodies. And four months we wasted. You should’ve let me come back sooner.”

“So you could walk out on more matches?”

“I was being smart. That’s what you tried to teach me, isn’t it? And weren’t you all about embracing the rage? Getting even more violent. Let’s talk about your **** inconsistencies. One minute you want me to be a saviour, the next you’re berating me like I’m the toddler that just **** all over your carpet. Titan was right about you. You’re not good for me.”

“Titan wasn’t willing to go this far. He was just humouring you. He didn’t want you to get hurt, that was all he cared about, and when you got hurt he decided he’d had enough. Where has he been? Since you got hurt, after your surgery, he never returned. He’s never shown his face again. Have you even talked to him since then, your supposed best friend?”

“No. You told me not to. You took me out of that hospital as soon as I got out of surgery, and told me to throw away everything I am, and become your weapon.”

Blackout spat.

“You **** conned me, old man.”

“I didn’t con you. You came willingly.”

“Bullshit. I was doped up on pain meds, and you took me away, and taught me to fight. At least that’s something. But I’ve forsaken everything to become Blackout. And I’m not being rewarded for it. So why are we walking down this path?”

“Help me up.”

Reluctantly, Blackout took Stranger’s hand, and pulled him to his feet.

“In all my years in this business, I was at the height of my powers when I was most disturbed. When I embraced the demons inside myself and just let loose on everyone. When I stopped caring about the health of my opponent, or how the crowd reacted. All I wanted was to destroy them. Everyone. And the promise of glory that came from victory after victory. That fuelled me for years. I tasted blood on a nightly basis, and yes, it was glorious.”

“Get to the point.”

“Change doesn’t happen overnight. You want to start a revolution. You told me you created Blackout because you’re tired of the status quo. You wanted to show the world that you don’t have to be a mentally deranged psychopath or corrupt businessman to make it. And I told you that’s just not possible. Since I took you, trained you, changed you, you’ve garnered more respect. Nobody remembers weak Eddie Hayes and his pitiful attempts at starting a fire. You were just a kid playing with matches. I’ve put you on the path to becoming a man. To fulfilling that Blackout legacy. Becoming the embodiment of the hacker Eddie Hayes. A true revolutionary. A man not afraid to take on any challenge. A man fighting for justice. To right so many wrongs. And what do you do? You **** walk.”

Stranger shuffles on his feet, and superkicks Blackout.

“Now tell me, Eddie, why the **** are you walking?”

“Don’t… don’t call me that.”

“Why shouldn’t I? What have you done to deserve your new name? You’re not Blackout. Maybe Abram Adams is right. You just want to hide behind your cheap parlour tricks. Turning lights on and off, luring imbeciles with Bluetooth speakers. You’re empty promises, again and again, failing to bring even a shred of proof that you can do what you say you can do. You’re not a warrior. A keyboard warrior, maybe, but when you step in that ring everyone can see the fear in your eyes. It’s not confidence. You’re still that same sad boy that got beat up every day, only now you’re getting paid to get beaten up. Better yet, you’ve found you can get paid just to walk out. So remind me, how are you Blackout? Who is Blackout supposed to be, Eddie?”

Still on his backside, Blackout looked up at Stranger and pushed to his feet.

“I… I really don’t know.”

“Then you need to find it. You need to prove it to yourself. You felt confident because you beat up a monster when he wasn’t ready for you, but since then, you’ve been a joke. He got to you last week, he’ll get to you again. You got lucky and won that championship shot. And now you get to face the man, the WWG Champion, and get a chance to prove yourself. So do it. Don’t just walk out. The Wretched Nobody won’t be there on the other side of that ring. Adams is just a man, and despite his recent record, he’s a weak man. You know this. You’ve seen into his life deeper than anyone. You see the lies he spouts constantly.”

“You mean the data I got from his computer? Yeah, that guy is all kinds of **** up.”

“Then that’s perfect. You want to bring some sense of normalcy to this world, start there. Why don’t you release those files? Show those text conversations? Some of the **** you told me about, Adams should be locked up in a cell for eternity. I know why you don’t want to talk about them. That’s dark stuff. But if he weren’t your co-worker, your opponent, your prime opposition, you would’ve done what you did with the countless other paedophiles you’ve outed, wouldn’t you? Instead, you get the chance to destroy a man not where he tries to hide, online, but where he doesn’t shy away from the spotlight. Where the spotlight is his. And what do you do with that spotlight? You smash the **** out of it. You turn the lights off. A blackout. That is what you said you were gonna do. Are you gonna do it, Eddie? Are you actually going to do what you said you were gonna do, for once?”

Blackout looked down at his feet for a moment. Then raised his eyes, staring right into the soulless expression of Stranger’s own mask.

“You’re god damn right I am.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:37:28 am »

I like how (unless you're aiming for levity) the character keeps developing a darker more serious tone about himself.  You've always been good at unfolding a story... but this is a massive character development and at best I think most of us can only Hope we know where it's leading.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: