Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
April 16, 2024, 10:47:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My favourite wrestlers!

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My favourite wrestlers!  (Read 90 times)
The Rick
Rookie

Wrestler: The Rick
Hometown: Birmingham, England
Finishers: Rickfest (Rock Bottom)

"Welcome to the fold!"

Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary 100 Posts Level 5 One year Anniversary Karma Bad 50 Posts Poll Voter Level 4 Search 10 Posts Karma Good Linux User Level 3 Avatar Apple User Mobile User Combination Level 2 Signature Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:34:25 am »

Thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to our favourite wrestlers past and present.

I've was thinking of splitting the list into 4 categories.

My favourite babyface
My favourite heel
My favourite womens wrestler
My favourite legend.

Here's mine:

My favourite babyface: Daniel Bryan

Reasons: I know it's potentially cheating as Bryan has just retired however it's still quite recent.
Bryan makes my list because he just seems like an all around nice guy, nothing seems fake or forced with him and and for me that's what makes a top babyface. In the ring he was a fantastic worker, outside of the ring seeing the videos of him with Connor Mahalik around the time of Mania just sold me on how awesome Daniel Bryan truly is. I can't stand the Bellas, but put Brie next to Bryan and suddenly I can tolerate her because he's so awesome!

More importantly, Bryan's popularity seemed organic. The WWE has tried to get fans to cheer for Roman Reigns so much recently and it has backfired tremendously. Bryan's push was something the fans actually wanted, and because of that we all sat back and enjoyed the ride as he became WWE Champion at Wrestlemania 30.

My favourite DB moment?

My favourite heel: The Miz

Reasons: I've been a fan of The Miz for a long time. The first time I remember really thinking he was a big deal was when he was US Champion and cut a promo as Maryse was leaving the ring from a match. I didn't know at the time that she was his mrs, but the chemistry was obvious. So, what does WWE do? It pairs Maryse with Ted Dibiase Jr... Genius! Smiley

The Miz flopped as a babyface, because he's so good at playing the bad guy. The smug looks, the movie star gimmick despite him being a C-Lister when it comes to films. He's just fantastic. I loved the segment on Raw with the water and blue M&Ms. Last WWE show I went to he was cutting a promo and noticed a fan was on his phone. Miz called him out. "Who are you talking to?" when the fan said "my mom". Miz ripped him to shreds, when he went to the top rope during the match he put his hand up to his ears like it was a phone, looked at the fan and said "call your mom now!" the guy is just brilliant!

Oh, and he still has one of the best hype video packages ever...

My favourite womens wrestler: Bayley

Reasons: First off, I have to confess I only really started watching NXT properly late last year. Every time I read about NXT, be it reviews on websites or discussions on forums I kept seeing people commenting on Bayley and her popularity. So I watched Takeover: London. The crowd loved her, and I instantly fell in love with her. Bayley is the ultimate babyface, so much so that I hope during her career she never turns heel. Much like Daniel Bryan, her popularity is organic and that should see her become a big deal when she makes it to the main roster. My favourite Bayley moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEM3gyoeu4Y&feature=youtu.be&t=2m46s

My favourite legend: The Rock

It's the reason I'm The Rick. When my interest in wrestling began to dwindle, Stone Cold kept me watching but it was The Rock who made me a **** fan again! The charisma of The Rock is matched by no other worker. Yes he returns too often now, but who cares? He's The Rock! My mates and I always look forward to his annual appearance at 'Mania, and I am still hoping one day I win the lottery so I can attend and finally get the chance to see my all-time favourite wrestler in-person!

I have a lot of favourite Rock moments, so I shall pick one of my favourites but there are many more to mention!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:35:56 am by The Rick » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dave
HOF

Wrestler: Kai Shepard
Hometown: Cape Town
Weight: 210 lbs
Height: 6'1"
Finishers: Kai of the Storm

Second year Anniversary Level 5 One year Anniversary Karma Bad Karma Poll Voter Level 4 100 Posts Signature Search 50 Posts Level 3 Mobile User Linux User 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »

Favourite face: Sami Zayn
He's just so likable, so easy to get behind, wrestles extremely well, sells well, puts himself and his opponent's over, just the total package as a plucky underdog babyface. WWE knows what they have with him, Sami will be huge

Favourite heel: Kenny Omega
Just a star, leading a great faction, and wrestles great matches, draws heat from his actions like no one else.

Favourite women's wrestler: Ivelisse
Baddest **** in the building, she's hot but you know she can still kick your ass, great in-ring as well, one of the best things going today. Everything a female wrestler should be.

Favourite legend: The Rock
Always the Rock. Maybe not so much in his latest appearances, his stuff at WM32 was extremely ****, but 98-02 he was just the man, he's not even in the top 100 in-ring but he's just so charismatic and entertaining. His movie roles are all pretty good (even if some of the movies are ****). He's just a naturally charismatic awesome guy and probably the reason I love wrestling.
Report Spam   Logged

KXNG
Creative Team

Wrestler: Maxwell Lord
Hometown: Gotham City
Weight: 6'2"
Height: 220lbs
Finishers: A Tast of Excellence

Born to be Great

Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary 1000 Posts Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 5 Search Level 4 Linux User Mobile User Windows User Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Signature Karma Avatar
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:19:46 am »

Favorite Face
AJ STYLES

Aj Styles has been one of my favorite wrestler for a long time.  I didn't like TNA but would always keep tabs on him and what he was doing there.  Really loved his ROH/NJPW run.  Now I think he's at the very top of my list of babyfaces.  He's been putting on the best matches show after show, and he's in the main event picture.  Quality.

Favorite Heel
SETH ROLLINS

Seth Rollins another guy who puts on great matches when he was given the oppurtunity.  He shines in every match he's in.  I would love to see him and styles in a match somewhere down the line.  I have a feeling he'll be returning as a babyface though.

Favorite Diva
Sasha Banks

This was close, I almost went with Asuka but I'm going with Sasha.  I think she's the total package to become a superstar.  She has the wrestling ability, mic skills and crossover appeal.  I think she can have a good match with any woman.

Favorite Legend
Shawn Michaels

No Doubt!  All-time favorite wrestler to watch.  When combining in-ring with promos and storylines, shawn michaels is best.  I can watch his matches any time of day.  If I want to put on a good old match, can't go wrong with a Shawn Michaels match.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:29:15 am by KXNG » Report Spam   Logged

Hall of Famer:
(Jason Richardson & Mr. Kennedy)
4x WWG Champion:
(Jason Richardson 3x, Dolph Ziggler 1x)
2x Pure Pride Champion:
(Dolph Ziggler 1x, Mr. Kennedy 1x)
1x Orion Champion:
(Dolph Ziggler)
3x Tag Team Champion:
(Jason Richardson 1x, Mr. Kennedy 2x)
1x Nxt-Gen Champion:
(Joe Hennig)
2012 Feud of the Year:
Contingent vs. Legends
2012 Storyline of the Year:
Contingent vs. Legends
2012 Impact Debut:
Dolph Ziggler
Kira Starlight

Wrestler: Kira Starlight
Hometown: Boston, Mass
Weight: 135
Height: 5'5"
Finishers: Starlight Splash

Level 5 Third year Anniversary 500 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4 One year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts Karma Level 3 Avatar 10 Posts Level 2 Signature Linux User Mobile User Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

Favorite Face: Cesaro

Yea, I know, odd choice.  But this guy has got it.  He's a physical freak, and he's just so damn likable.  I really hope he gets a push to the top like he deserves now that he's back.

Favorite Heel: Tie: Kevin **** Owens and Bubba Ray Dudley

I can't pick between the two who I like more.  KO is just old school heel with his ring work, the way he trash talks during the matches, even his Twitter is straight up heel.  He reminds of a new version of Bubba Ray, or maybe more specifically, Bully Ray from his TNA days.  I'm just going to leave you with this moment as an example:

Favorite Diva: Becky Lynch

She's a redhead.  And she's Irish.  Dat accent....hnnnnggggg.....

*ahem*  But no, I just like everything about Becky.  Asuka's a close contender as well, I almost went with her too, and in time, I very well may, but for now, it's Becky.

Favorite Legend: Sting

I grew up watching him.  I was always a fan, Surfer Sting, Crow Sting, Wolfpac Sting, TNA Sting (ok, not the Joker Sting stuff....), WWE Sting. 
Report Spam   Logged

Under Construction
J-Dub
King of the Noobs, flock to me and learn to be great!
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: Alastair Morrison
Hometown: I'm all Scottish all the time
Weight: 357lb or 25.5 st
Height: 6'8"ft or 2.07m
Finishers: "843"
W/L/D Record: 1-0-0

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light.

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Level 8 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary Level 7 Spammer 500 Posts in one day Spammer 250 Posts in one day Spammer 100 Posts in one day Combination Arcade Champion Arcade Master Arcade Highscore Triple Crown 2500 Posts Linux User Quick Poster Group Gallery Level 6 Invisible Old Browser Windows User Photographer Spammer 50 Posts in one day Spammer 25 Posts in one day Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »

Baby face: Kurt Angle

He was Cena before Cena was cool, well, you get it, Cena's never really been cool.

Heel: Razor Ramon

Say hello to the bad guy! No seriously, only the greatest ever! Everyone I see who tries to play a heel, I compare them to Razor. Was there any better died than Razor and Shawn?

Female: I think she goes by Asuka now? Kana! Kana! Kana!

I think she's hot, crazy, and bad ass in the ring, so of course I am going to go for her. Thankfully because it would be extremely difficult to otherwise.

Legend: the Rowdy One!

Set the standard for promos! Whilst everyone else was doing old school shoot, he was entertaining with emotion. Flair was close with the wooooo! Without Rowdy, the Rock would just be Dwayne, Punk would just be Phil, and I wouldn't watch wrestling.
Report Spam   Logged

Jakob Hystaria   (1998 – 2014, 2011 – 2014 WWG)
Marcus Collins (2014 – 2016?)
Alastair Morrison   (2017 – Current)

World Heavyweight Champion x4 and Current (JH x1, MC x2, AM x1)
Carnage Champion x5 and Current (Ascension x1, MC x3, AM x1)
Tag Team Champion x3 (JH x1, Ascension/ Hystaria Foundation defect x2)
Absolute Champion x1 (Ascension)
All Star Champion x1 (JH *dubbed Asylum World Heavyweight)
King of H@rdcore (Creator) – Jakob Hystaria
King of H@rdcore (Participant) x6 (JH x4, MC x2)
King of H@rdcore (Winner) x1 (JH)
Triple Crown Champion x2 (JH, MC)
Grand Slam Champion x1 (MC)
Hall of Fame x1 (JH Co2015)

Yearly Awards
2011 - Most likely to become WWG Champion (JH)
2012 - Wrestler of the Year (JH)
2012, 2016 - Match of the Year  (JH v Slipshod; Tied Crazy 8 Match MC and T2S WHC at Revolution MC)
2012 - Tag Team of the Year (JH FSU)
2012, 2014, & 2016 - Feud of the Year (JH Youth v Legends; MC Authority v WWG; MC v Trine Larson)
2012 Champion of the Year (JH)
2014 - King of the Mic   (MC)
2015 - Most likely to make an impact in ’16 (MC)
2016 – Heel of the Year (MC)
2016 – Champion of the Year (MC)

Staff Awards   
2011 & 2012 - Best Staff Member
2012, 2014, 2016 - Storyline of the Year
2012 & 2014 - Member of the Year
2012 - Most Helpful Member
Staff Hall of Fame Induction 2013
Van HeLLsing
2016 King of Hardcore
Creative Team

Wrestler: Van HeLLsing
Hometown: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Weight: 6"2
Height: 230 lbs.
Finishers: Nail In The Coffin

Level 5 Second year Anniversary Search One year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User Mobile User 100 Posts Poll Voter Karma Level 3 50 Posts 10 Posts Webmaster Level 2 Signature Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 01:43:21 am »

Favorite Face: AJ Styles

I've been a fan of AJ Styles since his time in TNA.  His in ring ability is awesome and a staple of what was the X Division.  When I found out that he signed with WWE I was like a little kid on Christmas morning!!

Favorite Heel:  The Young Bucks

Superkick Party!!!!  How can you not like arguably the hottest tag team in the world.  The chemistry between brothers Matt and Nick Jackson is evident and their talent is off the charts!  Plus, they are extremely entertaining and take me back to the Attitude Era of WWE and WCW days.  Young Bucks!  Young Bucks!  Young Bucks!

Favorite Female:  Ivelisse

She certainly is the baddest  **** in the building.  She proved she could hold her own not only as a trios champ but taking on Mil Muertes for the LU title.  Her MMA background gives her a great move set.

Favorite Legend:  Bret Hart

The best there is, the best there was, and the best that ever will be.  The excellence of execution.  I grew up loving Bret Hart.  He may not have talked a ton but he didn't need to.  One of the best technical wrestlers to ever step foot in the squared circle.... also coming out of the notorious Stu Hart dungeon.
Report Spam   Logged

1x WWG Team Champion (Mike Mewes)
1x WWG Absolute Champion (Mike Mewes)

2016 King of **** (Mime Mewes)
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 12:28:50 pm »

My favourite Face:
Dean Ambrose

Okay, so unless we're ALL going to say John Cena... chances are most of us aren't picking a "True Babyface" anyways.  So I'm going with Ambrose... he has so many traits I've loved about many other anti-heroes before him.  His charisma, his classic moves, his persona - it all just speaks to me... and it seems to be well over with the fans.  I'd love to have a beer with this guy and just chat to him - and that's how I felt about Rowdy Roddy Pipper and Stone Cold Steve Austin who were, in many ways comparable talents.

My favourite Heel:
Come on, ****... get with it - Bray Wyatt!

One of, if not The greatest promo artist EVER!  ANYWHERE!  PERIOD!  **** YOUR OPINION IF IT'S CONTRARY!  He carried an entirely storyline with The Undertaker, single handed.  He then went on to make an old and weary Undertaker look like the Deadman of Old - While Injured!  He's been misused by the company, and appreciated by the fans for his incredible talents and impressive charisma.  He's gone from the laughable Husky Harris - to being one of the single most revered heels in the history of the industry - much less the company.  He's a game changer, swear to God!  If WWE doesn't let this man attain his Rightful place atop the company, and insists on jamming half-talented-fuckwits like Reigns in that slot instead.... they'll be pissing away a WWE Dynasty performer who is already, even at mid-card status, far and away more popular than generations of wrestlers in his family who came before him.  Admit it.... most of you are already Fireflies...

My favourite Female:
Sasha Banks

What can I say?  I call talent when I see it - she's young, she's talented, she's got a persona that would carry on and does stand out from the rest of the "Diva-esque" females.  Barring injury - she's got champion written all over her.  She's an ideal character to make this Women's Revolution all the more serious.

My favourite Legend:
Big Van Vader

Yes... his style was pretty much Ugly & Brutal, his charisma was virtually invisible - but his ring presence was ominous, his entrance was frighteningly theatrical and honestly.... tell me now.... who else can say they lost a **** EYE and kept wrestling?  My adoring fandom for the Big, Badass and Brutal type all stem from seeing Vader v Sting waaaaaaaaaay the **** back in the day.  I know his track record isn't the greatest but the man was ahead of his time in terms of how he performed.  Nowadays it's common for someone to bring that typical "Japanese Style Wrestling" to north america - so much so that our current population probably can't tell the difference anymore.  But back in the 80's & 90's there weren't any other 450lbs men doing moonsaults.  That makes Vader a stand out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: