Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
March 28, 2024, 11:28:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Set Up....

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Set Up....  (Read 450 times)
The Losers

Wrestler: Kid Genius & Tony Mann
Hometown: Loser Town U.S.A.
Height: Tall enough to ride
Finishers: W.T.W.C. & Warp Speed

Do you think they can read this? Idk KG... maybe..

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Level 5 One year Anniversary Poll Voter Search 100 Posts Level 4 Karma Karma Good Linux User Mobile User Level 3 50 Posts Signature 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Apple User
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:59:37 am »

The sounds of the hospital pressed in on him like wolves ready to rip him open. The smell, the white reflectiveness of the tile floor, the nondescript white walls with nothing but pale blue door outlines with numbered signs to guide you...God he hated hospitals.

He wanted to run, just get out and run far away from this place and the overwhelming sense of death that chocked him every second. But he didn't...he couldn't...he hadn't for two days. He hadn't even changed clothes since Tony had been checked in...he didn't realize it until a nurse had made mention of it to him. Everything was in a fog. All he could think about was the sight of tubes, blood, doctors, cameras, and...

hello? Kenneth?

Kid Genius heard a voice cut through the empty mist his mind had become. It was mother, he remembered he was on the phone with her. Slumped down in a non padded chair outside the room they had hooked his best friend into.

KG: hmm?

Kid asked absent from his own conversation long enough that he needed a refresher on what exactly they had been talking about.

Mrs. Mason: I said did you get a hold of Eugene and Lisa?

KG: oh...yeah...yeah i did. There...um...their flight comes in tomorrow i have someone picking them up from the airport.

Mrs. Mason: You're not going to pick them up?

KG: No...have to...stay here.

Mrs. Mason: are you sure? maybe a drive to the airport might be good...maybe...get some fresh air for a bit?

KG: I'll be fine...someone has to stay.

Mrs. Mason: Kenny, I...

KG: I'm not leaving.

Kid realized he was gripping his phone tighter than he needed too and his voice had become harsh. There was a pause on the other end of the phone and a slam of guilt in his chest that let Kid know it had not gone unnoticed.

Mrs. Mason: ok Kenny, ok.

KG: ...i'm sorry mom...i didn't..

Mrs. Mason: it's alright hun. It's your job to look after your partner and it's my job to look after you.

Kid felt the waver in his throat before the words even came out of his lips. He fought back the water building up behind his eyes.

KG: Mom....i'm scared....

Mrs. Mason: ...I am too Kenny...But everything is going to be alright. It's all going to work out.

Kid nodded his head to his mothers words. He forced them into his brain and planted them like a flag in the island of doubt that was slowly growing in his mind. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

Mrs. Mason: oh! that's Lisa calling now she's on the other line.

KG: oh...alright...ok yeah i gotta go too.

Mrs. Mason: ok hunny. i love you

KG: love you too mom.

Kid hung up the phone and hung his face in his hands.
Report Spam   Logged

WWG Tag Team Champions (x1)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Trine Larsen

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:40:55 am »

Blue eyes stared up at the digital display that sat above the sliding, brushed steel, doors of the hospital elevator- as if they could somehow will it to move faster.

Unresponsive was not a joke. Tony Mann had been beaten with a steel chair at the hands of Jason King and somehow managed to meander his way around the halls of the Barclay Center, but now…

Now, she knew just about as much as everyone else- minus the fact she had harassed Talent Relations for the name of the hospital Tony had been moved to. The fact that Kid had yet to pick up his phone made her even more anxious. Then again her phone’s reception hadn’t exactly been anything to rave about since she half barreled out of the cab as it pulled up to the sliding glass doors of the lobby. Both of them had gotten caught up in the disaster that was the main event at Ground Zero and neither of them had said a word since. At least not to her.

The elevator came to a stop and the door opened on a delay. Trine had squeezed herself out before it ever had a chance to fully roll back on the track and picked up a run down the hall. She’d been in jean shorts and a hoodie which had been fine outdoors and in the heat of the sun, but air conditioned air whizzing past her sent goosebumps along the back of her legs. The slap of her flip-flops echoed behind her.

Trine Larsen had only ever willingly ran this intently through a hospital once before. It had been years ago, but for a moment it had all felt too familiar.

She shot straight through an intersection of hallways, but back tracked to check the light blue coloured signs on the corner of the left wall, before making the turn in the correct direction.

“Tony...Mann...maybe...Kenneth Mason..is this...the right wing?”
“I’m sorry. I don’t think that-”

Trind pulled her lanyard out of the drawstring bag on her back, with a WWG venue access card attached to the clip, and then her I.D.

“I’m with the company. I’m a friend. It’s just nobody is answering their phones...I wanted to check on him- or them or- either I…”

“Alright, miss Larsen. I understand...I-”brown eyes looked up from her identification, but the woman at the front desk cut herself short as the blonde squinted at something further down the hall.

By now Trine was nearly wrapped around the corner of the desk trying to see who had been sitting in a chair just outside of one of the rooms with their face buried in their hands.

”...Kid?”
Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

Windows User Level 5 One year Anniversary Poll Voter Search 100 Posts Level 4 Karma Karma Good Linux User Mobile User Level 3 50 Posts Signature 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Apple User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 01:08:59 pm »

Kid heard a sound over the maddening noise over the hospital around him. It was a familiar noise that tickled his ear and made him look up with a sense of confusion.

He stood up as his eyes saw Trine. His body rising to it's feet before Kid could tell it to do so. His heart was filled with the instinctual feeling of joy,relief, and happiness upon seeing Trine's face.

But what comes up must always come down and in that split second Kid learned that his own emotions were not immune to this law of reality. The worried look deep in Trine's eyes took his heart and plummeted it back into the cold white tile of the hospital floor and shattered into a million pieces all spelling out the realization on why she was here. If Trine was here...then this was all really really real...he wasn't dreaming....Tony was hurt...and it was bad.

Kid was quickly and immensely aware of the fact that he hadn't changed in a couple of days as the girl of his dreams who..was..his...um...very good friend right now came towards him.

KG: Trine...

KG the shock in his voice overlapped on the general weariness to make him sound almost awake and out of the fog he had been in for days.

KG: Hey....you're....here.

He said the last word with an inflection that made it seem half like a question.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:45:34 am »

Kid looked...well, he looked like he’d seen better days, but that was to be expected when the guy who might as well have been your brother was rumored to not even be able to breathe on his own. She remembered he’d been uncomfortable in hospitals from the last time he’d come to visit her after Rayven’s attack and from the looks of it he had been uncomfortable for a few days now. Her shoulders slumped with relief, but it was short lived and conflicted. At least now she knew where he was, that he was okay- even if judging by the look on his face okay was a real stretch. Tony was probably in the room that had been at his back, it was completely silent- he hadn’t been goofing off in the halls or making jokes. The hope that this situation had simply been blown out of proportion by rumors had started to fade. She could almost physically feel her heart breaking- both for Tony and Kid. Trine leaned to slip her identification cards off of the smooth marble countertop and stuff them in the back pocket of her shorts as she picked up a fast paced walk.

The blonde had all, but run into KG. Her arms slipped beneath his in a tight hug before her mind could scream in protest, but then she quickly pulled back. She opened her mouth as if she were about to say something, her eyebrows knit into frustration for a moment, but it passed and she pressed the side of her face back to his chest. His clothes had always smelt like a specific brand of laundry detergent that Trine could never really put her finger on. It always seemed stronger on his ring gear after a match (more than likely due to the sweat), but this time it was absent. The smell of hospital and just the natural smell of his body was the only thing left clinging to the fabric.

”...I’m sorry. I wanted to be here sooner but everything…” Trine stepped back, her arms slipping away from where they’d wrapped around KG’s midsection, ”they said he can’t breathe on his own and I just” God, I hope that’s not true. Let him be fine. Just sleeping it off. That’s why it’s so quiet. ”I got scared. I wanted to check on him- and you and- how is he doing? Do you guys need me to bring you anything?”

Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:02:48 am »

Trine's arms were around him before he could even muster the protest about him being not at all fresh. Kid felt the grip around this waist tighten and the rest of the world fall away. Slowly and wrapped his arms around her and for just a moment...he felt like he didn't have to be strong...for a few painful glorious seconds he could feel the complete weight of his sorrow all at once. He felt the former world champion press her face against his chest and a few random tears rolled out of his eyes before he could stop them. He wanted to hide here forever...Kid didn't want to let go and have the world come crashing in again. KG felt his arms actually shake for a moment as his strength wavered.

He felt Trine pulling away and he quickly wiped at his face to try his best to erase any evidence of crying. She looked at him. Her amazing blue eyes dropped like two enormous weights on his heart. They were so full of worry and fear...

KG: he...

Kid's voice shook like a leaf in a storm. he coughed and tried his best to compose himself.

KG: The doctors say he's in...some kind of coma...he's not breathing on his own and...

Kid Genius stopped as his words threatened to break down the dam of his emotional flood. KG balled his hands into fists so tight his knuckles went pale as he looked down and away...anywhere but Trine's eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 10:23:46 am »

Trine had watched his face as he spoke, there were no tears, but his eyes were glossy. A hazy pink had filled in making the light blue of his eyes a shade brighter in the harsh fluorescent lighting, until he looked down. She frowned at a loss of what to say other than to just be there for him and for Tony even if-

”It’s okay...” She reached a hand out, running her thumb over the back of his knuckles that had gone bone white from the sheer pressure he had put into curling his fingers into fists.

It was hard when you wanted so desperately to feel something openly, to not be alone in it, but you’re hard wired to want to hide anything that wasn't the shining example of a happy, well put together human being. Kid Genius was like a tuna can with two lids. He opened up, but there was always so much more beneath the surface that she could feel was there, but just something...always stopped stopped it.

Things weren’t okay. It absolutely was not ‘okay’ that her friend and his best friend was in a hospital breathing through machines. It wasn’t okay that Tony was suffering. That Kid was falling apart and it was all at the hands of people she had been trying to change, or have changes put in place to stop this sort of thing from happening. At this point she could find nothing to back up her words of absolutely anything being “okay” because she was sick to her stomach that this was happening. That she was standing in a white washed hallway that smelt like sanitizer, and plastic, and recycled air holding onto the hand of man still trying to be strong and keep himself together when he had every right to just crumble.

It was okay if he needed to.

If the pieces of him he had been keeping tied together for as long as he had been in this hospital and the one before that fell away... that was okay. She would stay there and gather them up so the scatter of nurses walking by and clattering food trolleys wouldn’t blow them away. And she would hold them as long as she needed to until it was time to glue them all back together again.
Her hand fell still over KG’s and she squeezed the fist he’d been holding at his side.

She wanted to ask if he’d eaten anything. If he thought Tony would have liked to have something with him that she could get, but she couldn’t get the words out. She wanted to just pull him back into the hug and stay that way for a while. Instead she took a step to close the space between them, taking his opposite hand in hers as well and looked down. Just standing there with him in support.

”....I got you….”
Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 10:40:50 am »

KG: Trine...i can't...he's....he's my best friend....he's my best friend

Once again Kid could feel the tears welling up behind his eyes. He could feel Trine's slide across his hands and everything inside him wanted to just fall into her embrace and never come out.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 10:10:58 pm »

Her chest felt like it had been hollowed out as her hands moved up KG’s arms, raising to rest on the back of his neck. The white tile she’d been focused on had started to wobble, the lines of grout rolling with the tears that had started to form, but she kept blinking back.

”I know, Ken. I know.” using his name had felt...odd, but it just didn’t feel right to use a nickname. Not now at least.

Trine wanted to fix this. To do something, anything, and have it all righted and they could all just go back to goofing off in the hallways of venues and go off on impromptu adventures.

She stood quietly rubbing circles into the back of his neck with her fingertips, the strands of his hair shifted over the back of her hands.

”I’m so sorry...this- this never should have happened.”
Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 08:46:23 am »

The feeling of Trine rubbing his neck made him feel conflicted in the very core of his being. Ever since they had met Kid couldn't pretend there was always a large part of him that wanted to be close to Trine, to hold her, to touch her...but he wasn't really ever that kinda guy to make a move on the prettiest girl around so he left it alone. However that large part of him basically expanded to jupiter sized levels since they began....hanging out...and texting...and calling etc.

He liked her a lot...that was obvious and it was a fact he was no longer trying to deny himself. However his inability to make moves without stumbling over himself like a giraffe on roller skates meant they had never really...touched or at least not on any regular basis.

So this...now....was the most bitter sweet thing Kid Genius had ever tasted. The butter flies in his stomach were drowning in the flood of guilt raging inside him.

And it truly was guilt. Kid Genius knew it and he at this moment he hated himself more than ever before for even thinking how happy he was that Trine was here...that she had come for him...Here he was having a moment of happiness, even once second of bliss while his best friend and partner lay fighting for his life....fighting for his life because Tony had rushed out to help him...

KG: it's...all my fault...

The damn broke.
Tears streamed down Kid's face as his knees buckled. His voice was more of a sob now.

KG: Trine it's my fault...it's my...

Thick rolling waves of sorry and self-loathing bellowed from his chest and out into the sterile air of the hospital hallway. His words fought to be heard threw the sobs but they couldn't not be heard. Kid pulled away and stumbled back into the wall. He hated himself for being weak, he hated himself for not being able to protect Tony, He hated himself for crying like a child in front of Trine, he hated hospitals, WHY DID EVERYONE HAVE T LEAVE HIM IN HOSPITALS?!! WHY DID THEY TAKE EVERYTHING FROM HIM??!!

Kid felt his chest tighten as his anger and grief began to became more than his body could handle. His crying overpowered his breathing and his anxiety ripped at his mind. He felt like he drowning in a raging whirlpool of thick black death and he couldn't swim.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 12:54:27 am »

Trine had shifted with him when Kid’s knees buckled the tears pouring over the curves of his cheeks and battling through the stuble along his jaw dropped her heart straight into the soles of her feet. He pulled away and she’d let her hands fall loose to give him the space. He blamed himself...her eyes went wide- the idea that any of this could possibly have been any fault of his ludicrous in her own mind, but he felt it. It was down deep in his core. Blue eyes watched as a tear or two collided with the fabric of his shirt, before she felt an itch along the underside of her jaw. When she moved her hand to touch it there was a tear of her own.

Seeing Kid like this…..and knowing the state that Tony was in on the other side of the door was...it hurt in a way that was hard to explain.

She stepped forward, cupping his jaw in the curve of her palms and looking at his face. As if somehow that would cement just how much she meant the words to follow.

”No.’ her voice was level, and almost stern, she’d been so sure of her own conviction, ”No, this is not your fault. Not at all. It’s….it’s the assholes that tore through Ground Zero. Please don’t blame yourself for this…”.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:55:16 am by Trine Larsen » Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 02:54:01 am »

Kid wanted to pull away. He didn't want Trine to seem him like this. He felt all the work he put in, all the luck the universe had rolled his way turning to dust, every little bit of cool he had stored up with this girl disappearing on the glossy white tile of the hospital hallway.

But right now Trine's hands were the most stable thing in whole world. He saw her through blurred tear filled eyes and couldn't muster the urge to run anymore. He stood there and cried without words. Sadness and guilt and all of his broken heart seeping out of him like a cut to the vein.

Then his body moved on its on. Without warning or preamble he moved close to Trine and wrapped her up in his arms. He held her there in that moment as if the storm of life was going to rip him into the air if he didn't hold on to the blonde bombshell. Kid didn't think about his old shirt, he didn't think about how gross he must seem, he didn't think about anything but how glad he was that Trine was here...that he didn't have to be alone...How much he truly cared for her in a way he hand't felt for anyone in a long time.

He held her close for what felt like years but in reality might have only been a minute or two. People walked back and forth past them but Kid didn't let go. Kid's hand cradled the back of her head close to his chest as the tears finally stopped pouring down on her beautiful blonde hair. His fingers softly ran through her golden locks as if through silk. He repeated the motion until his lungs returned to a normal rhythm and he felt the world slowly drip back into place.

Kid gently moved Trine away from him while still keeping his one arm around her waist, not quite sure if he was ready yet to deal with this reality without her anchor to steady him. He looked into her eyes for a moment trying to pour out all of what he was feeling, everything his mind was churning, all the words he wanted to say without speaking. The soft pink of her cheeks were wet and Kid wasn't sure if they had been from her tears or his. he softly brushed a line of sorrow away from her check with a gentle thumb.

KG: ...Thanks....

He said in what was the most understated word he had ever said at his entire life at this point. There was so much more than "thanks" in that word. With all he knew, in all the languages he spoke, he couldn't find a phrase or a coupling of words that would truly convey what he was feeling.

...well....there was one....but he didn't dare.

KG:...um...i'm sorry Trine...

He said using the back of his hand to wipe away the wetness of his eyes. They hurt from crying and he felt as if he looked like the worst.

KG: I would give a million dollars if...you could just un-see...all of that.

Kid hung his head and let out chuckle that was more of a defeated puff of air. He shook his head back and forth as if it were slowly waving good bye to any chance of looking cool for Trine ever again.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 10:36:17 pm »

Trine’s right hand lifted, brushing back bangs from his face, or a tear still clinging to the rough line of facial hair.

She hadn’t anticipated the movement as Kid wrapped his arms around her, but her hands had slipped down from his face, moving to lay flat against his chest. In that moment it had felt like all the pieces fit in a way that was too perfect to be of this world. It was a warm, coiling sort of comfort she could feel in her soul. A long sigh escaped her lips caught somewhere in between relief and sob that had been held back too long.

He was hurting. He was hurting and it broke her heart into so many small pieces she was sure it was dust. That it could been blown straight out of her chest with nothing more than a breath. And Tony...Oh God, poor Tony. He is one of the sweetest guys she’s ever known. A true friend in the most pure sense of the word. It was like he couldn’t catch a break between Rayven, constantly getting over looked, and now- now this.

Tony Mann deserved so much more, or at least she’d thought so, and watching him constantly get knocked down only to push himself back up with a smile twice as wide had felt so horribly unfair. This...what if there was no getting up from this? What if the last time she got to see him breathing, and moving, and smiling on his own was from the other side of a backstage monitor- being held back by the security as she tried to frantically make her way to ringside.

She should have been there. She should have fought harder to make it. Tony deserved that. He deserved better. Warm streaks of tears broke over the lip of her eyelashes and poured down her cheeks. She gritted her teeth against the sound of her own sobs, but her chest shook with the force of them. Curling her spine with the force of the contracting muscle. The hand cradling the back of her head had made the moment they stood in the hallway feel so secure. The long, gentle pull of fingers through her hair took the sting out of the sobs, slowing them down, returning her breathing to something akin to normalcy.

Kid had moved her away, the shift in space snapping her out of it, and her eyes blinked open. He’d looked into her eyes and she looked right back. Deep blue eyes sinking into a lighter shade of their own as if someone she could manage to twist all of the words and the feelings into anything that made sense- something he could understand. It had been a long time since she’d ever broken down in front of anyone, it was just something she had decided she would never do, but it felt….like it was okay with him. Like she could allow that leeway in a rule once set deep into stone.

He brushed a tear from her cheek and suddenly the vulnerability of the situation hit her like sixteen wheeler, but she pushed the knee jerk reaction to try and put the walls back where they belonged away.

”Hey, that’s what…whatever it is we are, are for.” she lifted her hand from her side as he hung his head, and ran her fingers through the front of his bangs to the back of his neck, pushing the hair back, ”don’t be sorry. There’s nothing wrong with being sad. I’m here for you.”

Advice she never allowed herself.

”...and I don’t think of you any differently because of it. If anything that was pretty much the bravest thing I’ve ever seen.”
Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:07:24 am »

Kid could hear the sound of thundering feet and a blast like a mega watt trumpet as the elephant in the room roared to life at Trine's words.

whatever it is that we are

KG felt a warm pull at his chest as she said this. Like he had just taken a large sip of liquor and it was warming it's way into his stomach. He was hopping the strange title-less-ness nature of their relationship was something only he had seen but he should have known it was glaringly obvious. Kid didn't know what to say...he knew what he wanted to say...but he also knew that the world right now was simply to fragile to have anything else be shattered by the unexpected. Kid looked at her as one more brick of guilt was layed on the foundation of the almost fully formed castle in his mind. He decided to shelve that issue for now. The elephant trumpeted in defiance. Kid did his best to ignore the invisible pachyderm for now and focused on Trine's words.

She spoke of him being brave and despite everything in his reality at that moment, despite all of the dark thick sorrow that still clung to the air like a black tar....Kid let out a laugh. It was about 90% air and maybe 5% mirthless but there was some geniune positivity in his face. That little part of him that wanted to hear that Trine thought...highly of him. The smallest of smiles creeped at the corners of his lips.

KG: You must have not seen "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Kid said softly slowly lifting his eyes off the ground and back towards Trine's. It made something catch his throat to look at her. But unlike all the other times where he felt the urge to run away to keep from looking stupid or saying the wrong thing he knew...at that moment...that he really did need her there..at least for a little while. He still held her there and she hadn't made any motions to move. Her hand against the back of his neck.
Report Spam   Logged

Trine Larsen

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 05:05:55 am »

The blonde bit her lip, looking up to the ceiling like she had been trying to mentally do the math for comparing him to an Indiana Jones movie.

”Eeehh, I dunno. It’s pretty close. Maybe more like a tie for first. Indiana Jones is pretty rad, but…”

Kid lifted his gaze and she smiled just sort of taking in the details of his face. Trine had gotten lost there for a moment, in the way damp eyelashes stuck to one another, in the small crease between his eyebrows. The way red and blonde hairs peppered their way between the majority of light brown in his eyebrows and the hair along his jaw. The cowlick at the front of his hairline. The click from one of the doors further down the hall echoed through the hall and her eyes widened marginally as the placement of her hand started to sink in. Just how close they’d been and how much they’d touched since she’d arrived.

”I-” she dropped her hand back to her side, nervously rubbing her thumb over the knuckle of her pointer finger.”...sorry, I didn’t mean to-...uh…well...

She turned her attention down the hall, watching as a woman stepped out of one of the rooms.

”Have you been able to get anything to eat? I can grab you something from downstairs if you want to stay with him…” a part of her was scared to leave Tony by himself. As if by some strange logic that would be the opening for the universe to throw one more curve ball and she wasn’t willing to take that chance. The other part was afraid the second she left KG’s hold around her she’d just collapse in a hallway somewhere trying to pull herself back together.
Report Spam   Logged
The Losers

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 03:05:35 am »

The mood suddenly shifted. Trine pulled away from him and Kid let her go like she was a hot stove. Had he done something wrong? For a second it felt like there was a giant weight in his stomach as he watched her fidget and touch her hand. Kid felt a deep deep rolling sadness in that moment that he tried to keep from clawing up his throat and onto the hospital floor.

KG: um...no it's ok.

At that moment KG's stomach must have heard the conversation and as an independent organ with no desires for Trine decided then that Kid did not speak for him. It made a loud rumble to signify that unlike KG it had eaten in about a day. Kid Genius looked down at his stomach and then back up at Trine.

KG: heh..he's just vocal...seriously you don't have to.

Kid said. It had all felt so...real...for a moment it felt like Trine, a woman like that, would actually...could actually be with a dude like him. But now it seemed like reality had caught up to them. Kid hated reality. The reality amplified the sounds of monitors beeping around him and hospital codes being carried in echos around the hallway. Reality also reminded him that he had stepped out to make a phone call and Tony had been a lone for...far too long.

Kid's feet felt like lead...one of the reasons he hated leaving the room was because every time he went back in...he had to see Tony not be Tony....he had to see his best friend with tubes down his throat, bruises everywhere, his head shaved bald because they had cut into him to reduce the swelling in his brain...it was Kid's worst nightmare....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: