Vote for World Wrestling Generation at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists
World Wrestling Generation
March 28, 2024, 08:13:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Roman Empire of Mankind?

+-World Wrestling Generation Chat
October 17, 2022, 02:23:05 pm The Wretched Nobody says: https://youtu.be/cjXLAeaV07o
March 23, 2022, 12:12:04 pm J-Dub says: Just popping in to leave my message that I actually visited again
December 07, 2021, 10:21:41 am Doug says: December 6th 2021. Been a long ass **** time. I miss the lot of ya. Hope everyone is doing well in their own stuff right now.
August 15, 2020, 05:29:37 pm Rayven_ says: ph34r....
July 29, 2020, 10:48:23 am Steven James says: But it's okay, cuz who doesn't love bitches?
July 29, 2020, 10:47:02 am Steven James says: You're all a bunch of BITCHES
December 14, 2018, 01:10:05 am KXNG says: I miss this old place sometimes
December 08, 2018, 12:21:10 pm NudeKoreanModelWhoSpeaksPortuguese says: din javla fitta
October 30, 2018, 12:41:30 pm J-Dub says: I just realized that I must of spent a lot of time here because i added 3 other hobbies.
October 22, 2018, 09:47:51 am Moonchild says: Ultimate Online Wrestling

To anyone who is interested…

Ultimate Online Wrestling is currently looking to expand its roster this year for Season 2 of our heavily story driven E-Fed that sort of reads and feels like a comic book. We’ve been open for 14 months and have posted 12 well written shows on the SteemIt platform. We have over 1600 followers on there and we use the platform to make a little money from the hobby that we love. We are a laid back E-Fed for adults and we only do about 1 show a month. There is a 2 Role Play limit per show with no word limit on individual role plays.

We are a unique E-Fed in that I reward my role player’s with the Crypto-Currency XP Coin which can be converted into Bitcoin on online exchanges. We also write and do our shows in a way that concentrates on an actual audience that reads our work on the SteemIt community network. So our work isn’t just consumed by people involved in the E-Fed, but also fans of our work on SteemIt and Twitter.

If you’re interested joining our roster and learning how we do things at Ultimate Wrestling you can join our discord channel link below. Our roster and staff are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you might have.

Discord Channel: r/https://discord.gg/mj6Msrf

Below are some of our shows so that you can get a feel for my writing style and our story-lines.

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-4-friday-night-clash-episode-1

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-8-ultra-slam-pay-per-view-event

https://steemit.com/fiction/@ultimatewrestlin/ultimate-online-wrestling-ch-11-friday-night-clash-7
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Roman Empire of Mankind?  (Read 127 times)
The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:56:08 pm »

So... I know i'll probably be shot down quick because we all know Mick is on his way to surgery soon.... but am I wrong for seeing Mick building Roman as the more organic hero Vince has tried to force **** upon us all as?

Mick is using Roman in the more tradition Epic Face way - every time a new heel/monster is on the scene, he throws Roman at them.  Over time I see this creating a better Roman than we've been allowed to have so far.

BUT... that's just my opinion - what do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dave
HOF

Wrestler: Kai Shepard
Hometown: Cape Town
Weight: 210 lbs
Height: 6'1"
Finishers: Kai of the Storm

Second year Anniversary Level 5 One year Anniversary Karma Bad Karma Poll Voter Level 4 100 Posts Signature Search 50 Posts Level 3 Mobile User Linux User 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:57:42 pm »

It's just the Cena model. New heel beats up mid/uppermid babyfaces, beats down Cena/Roman a couple of times, book a match, Cena/Roman gets dominated for 95% of the match, lolcena/romanwins

Kind of why I didn't enjoy Okada/Suzuki from the last NJPW show.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:58:46 pm by Dave » Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody
Hand in hand until the edge of Oblivion.
Creative Team
Veteran

Wrestler: The Wretched Nobody
Hometown: The Danvers State Lunatic Asylum, Salem Massachusetts
Weight: 344 lbs
Height: 6ft. 11in.
Finishers: Lobotomy, Trephination.  Sedative, Creeping in the Dark
W/L/D Record: You keep track if you really want to know - I'm busy winning matches.

Down for Life, Marked past Death!

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 6 Poll Starter Spammer 25 Posts in one day 1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Apple User Karma Good 500 Posts One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 5 Triple Crown 100 Posts Old Browser 50 Posts Level 4 10 Posts Linux User Mobile User Search Level 3 Signature Webmaster Avatar Combination
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »

I get that - but I just wonder if the tried and true method may work better than the instant orgasm effect Vinny wanted for Roman.

I mean I'm a life long fan of WWE - North American Style wrestling is predictable for the most part.... as soon as you snap out of the required suspended disbelief.  Anyone who is familiar with the storyline, the company and the event - if unbiased - can usually score a good rate predicting a show's outcome.  It's good vs evil rolled in theatrics and deep fried in high drama. But that's not how Roman was pushed.  We fans almost LITERALLY were told "He's your hero now.". In all my life I'd never seen anything like that, without something to actually broker the deal.   

I have grown an appreciation for the other ways of operating, and styles available on the world's stage of pro wrestling... but as WWE expands... while I'm all too happy to see other methods, and creativity come into things however I'm not sure I'm entirely willing to give up on what always made it great for me, you know?  And I think that may be why this idea came to me, maybe?

I'm exactly the hay day of Hulkamania's target demographic...  I was wee when Hulk Hogan was bigger than the Beetles lol.  And as I have said before, that's why I don't really like Cena as a fan, but as an aficionado.... he's a necessary evil.  Without guys like him being pimped as he is.... we Fans may miss that sensation who's only just watching wrestling as a child.

I think with Roman - he's okay to shop to kids, the whole superhero anti-hero sort of gig... but he'd be better used as a tweener-to-adult fan target demographic imo.  He's got to overcome the Getting Over his career has been impaled upon until now... I just wonder if they're going to let the man finally build himself right.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:51:43 pm by Carr » Report Spam   Logged

The Wretched Nobody

Kira Starlight

Wrestler: Kira Starlight
Hometown: Boston, Mass
Weight: 135
Height: 5'5"
Finishers: Starlight Splash

Level 5 Third year Anniversary 500 Posts Second year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4 One year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts Karma Level 3 Avatar 10 Posts Level 2 Signature Linux User Mobile User Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:55:02 am »

I think it's too late and they've already ruined him to be completely **** honest.  They created a lot of genuine hate towards the guy, to the point that when his music hit at #30 I let out an audible groan and said "**** REALLY?!" and I try to remain objective about the guys because I have a fairly good understanding of how the business works.  I honestly don't know if there's any way they can salvage Roman at this point without a complete overhaul.  There's that 50%+ of the crowd that is going to boo as soon as his music hits because he was forced down our throats and left a bad taste that we just can't get out.  I don't think they can subtle their way out of this one.
Report Spam   Logged

Under Construction
Dave
HOF

Wrestler: Kai Shepard
Hometown: Cape Town
Weight: 210 lbs
Height: 6'1"
Finishers: Kai of the Storm

Second year Anniversary Level 5 One year Anniversary Karma Bad Karma Poll Voter Level 4 100 Posts Signature Search 50 Posts Level 3 Mobile User Linux User 10 Posts Combination Level 2 Avatar Topic Starter Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 07:25:57 am »

They just need to embrace the hate. Or give him an actual character. It feels like most WWE guys don't even have a character anymore, they're all just wrestlers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: